Status: Complete!!

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

Chapter 22

“So, I heard Jesse’s taking Kassidy to the dance,” Eric said as we sat in the locker room. I nodded mutely as I pulled my shoes back on and laced them up. They’d been nearly inseparable for the past couple of weeks, and I’d seen them out for pizza and stuff like that a few times, but he refused to say anything about her to anyone on the team. I had to give him credit for that – all of the guys wanted the details about what they did together and he never caved or gave them anything to tease about, even if I did wish I had half a clue as to whether they were kind of serious or not.

“Probably. They’re all but attached at the hip,” I grumbled, and he sighed.

“You’ve gotta do something Jay! You can’t expect her to just magically know how you feel. If you don’t do something the season will be over and you’ll never get a chance,”

“I know, I know. But I can’t just step in on Jesse either,” I huffed, and he shrugged.

“I don’t know man, but you’ve gotta do something,” he told me, and again I nodded. I knew he was right, and the dance was only two weeks away. From what Eric had told me Alanna had drug her out dress shopping and the whole bit. Eric had finally asked Alanna out – for coffee so he could ask her to the dance, and since then I’d had to deal with hearing all about the girls and all of the dance preparations.

“I just don’t know what to do Eric! I’ve never been good at all of this stuff,” I admitted, and he shrugged.

“Well then I don’t know what to tell you Jared, even Alanna thinks you should do something,” that surprised me. It wasn’t much of a secret that Alanna didn’t think too highly of me, and it really meant something that she was wanted me to do something.

“Really?”

“Yes, really. Why would I make that up?” he asked, and I shrugged. I just didn’t know what to do or think when it came to Kassidy, and Eric knew it.

“I dunno,”

“Dude, seriously, just talk to her; call her, do something,” he sighed, standing up, grabbing his bag and leaving the rink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! I'll hopefully have another chapter up tonight after I get home from work or tomorrow! Let me know what you think!