Status: Complete!!

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

Chapter 9

Going for pizza wasn’t as awkward as I had thought it was going to be; Jared’s family were more than welcoming, making efforts to include Alanna, Eric and I in the conversation at all times. There was just something about the way Tanya and his brother Eric kept sneaking glances at me and then at Jared that told me something was up.

“Glad you came?” Jared asked as we stood outside waiting for Eric to come out of the bathroom.

“Yeah, it was fun,” I nodded, and he grinned.

“Thanks for coming; I’m really glad you did,” he said, and surprised me by putting his arm around my shoulders and giving me a hug. It was awkward for a moment, until I leaned into him slightly, and suddenly it felt like the most natural thing in the world. This was weird, but we stood that way until Alanna and Eric came out of the restaurant together.

“What the…?” Alanna raised an eyebrow, but we both shrugged.

“It’s chilly outside,” Jared answered for me, before we turned to get back into my car; I was going to drive Jared and Eric back to their place.

“Thanks for the ride,” Jared gave me a smile as we got out of the vehicle to say goodbye to everybody.

“No problem Jared,” I answered honestly, and then was surprised yet again when I was pulled into an easy hug.

“It was nice to meet you girls!” Mrs. Staal said, giving both of us hugs as well; Tanya following suit.

“He likes you,” she whispered, and when she pulled away giggled at the expression on my face.

“Serious. Just wait it out, you’ll find out for yourself. It’s cute; I’ve never seen him like this, and I’ve known him since he was a kid,” she said, giving me a wink like it was our little conspiracy or something before going back to Eric’s side.

“Nice meet you guys; at least now I know Jared can find some good friends,” he said with a grin, making both of us smile. Eric was a really nice guy, but he couldn’t resist a few shots at his little brother now and then.

“Thanks Eric,” I smiled, and he just shrugged. We got into my car, and after waving once more pulled out and headed back towards my place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! Let me know what you think, or any ideas you have for where this story should go!