Status: Co-Write

Right Place at the Wrong Time

You're A Moron

I knew from the annoyed frown on my sisters lips that she was unhappy with my decision to help these strangers. She squeezed my hand when I took hers and I nodded in response. I closed my eyes and felt my mind reach out to the spirit. Warm, delicate, playful.
"Evie?" Megan asked.
"It's conjuring images of a little girl..." I murmered. I hated cases like these.
"What do you mean it is conjuring images? Isn't it a little girl? Thats what all the sightings have been of," the buff man, Zak, said. I rolled my dark eyes before opening them.
"Do you know nothing?" I asked, getting angrier by the second.
"Let me explain to them," my sister reasoned with me. I sighed and let her explain.
"You see... there are no such things as children spirits," she explained slowly, "Only demons pretending to be children. It's how they draw you in. You see," she paused, "There are several types of spirits. Lost souls of those who were once alive, you see these in residual and intelligent hauntings."
The guys nodded in understanding, the buff one looking slightly annoyed that we were explaining something he obviously thought he knew about..
"Then there are demonic haunting… spirits that were never human. Commonly, we see them as poltergeists. And whenever a child is seen, more often than not, it is also a demonic entity.”
“Why cant children be ghosts?” Nick asked, clearly disbelieving.
“Children are pure… when they die, they are taken into heaven,” I whispered, looking off into the hallway. It was curious about us, wanting us to come closer. I went to step towards it but my sister grabbed my arm.
“If you knew what it really looked like, you wouldn’t want to go any closer.”
I turned to her and gave her a grateful smile. We turned back to the men together.
“Shall we go on our way?”

Zak led the way through the hallways and I found his loud, angry approach rather amusing. Megan, on the other hand, got angrier and angrier as the night progressed. More than twice, I found myself having to stop her from stabbing him in the back with her a tool for her lock pick kit. Aaron and Nick would laugh, but when Zak would turn around, Megan would give him an innocent smile.

An hour later, Zak was starting to get annoyed with me.
“Tell me why I shouldn’t call the police,” he threated, pushing me against the wall.
“Hey!” Aaron grabbed Zak off of me and pushed him away.
“You want to see what the spirits can show you?” my sister asked, eyes unfocused.
“Megan… not these spirits!” I tried to stop her but she slowly turned and pointed down the hallway. We knew these spirits would only cause malice, but she invited them anyways. I suppose in her eyes, it would be better to deal with this demonic presence than go to jail. I grabbed her and pulled her back, but it was too late. Zak, Aaron and Nick all had identical looks of awe on their handsome faces as the lights began to flicker on and off. Next, all the doors began to open and close, loudly slamming shut or slamming against the door. Her eyes started to focus slightly before widening in horror. The spirits were seductive in a way, they made sensitives like us want to invite them in.

“Are you getting this on camera?” Zak hissed at Aaron, and he quickly brought his camera up.
“What the… the batteries dead.”
“WHAT?” Zak turned on Aaron, “You were supposed to check them all last night.
“I…I did!”
“They drain the battery life…” Nick replied, staring at his colleagues like they were the biggest idiots he had ever seen. Just then, a loud crash caused us all to look down the hallway. Bits and pieces of the ceiling had begun to fall and catch fire upon hitting the ground. I spun around and looked at Zak.
“I hope you know that this is all your fault. I hope you’re happy!”
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my.
wonder whats going to happen next.
zaks an ass...