Status: Co-Write

Right Place at the Wrong Time

Sweet Seduction

I could tell that Megan was getting pretty pissed that I had given into these guys again... I just couldnt let them call the cops. We'd been running for so long... it would be stupid to get caught like this. Admittedly, it looked pretty dumb that we took off running in the first place, considering it had been our parents that had been murdered... but we were the key witnesses and we wanted nothing to do with what the legal system would try to pull.

I pulled on her arm and led her away from the guys so we could talk in private.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she growled, and I couldnt help but roll my dark eyes.
"Listen Meggie... we can send this thing away... I just need your help to do it."
"But if it goes away..."
"We don't have to worry about protecting these idiots anymore," I finished. Her eyes lit up in understanding, and her lips turned up in a smirk.
"I'll distract these guys, you go ahead and work your mojo!"
I smiled and turned away from the group as Megan started an argument with the head honcho, Zak. As their argument heated up, I began to chant under my breath. I would send this fucking demon back to where it belonged... hell. As I finished, a cool gust of wind ripped through the building and I couldnt help but feel a bit faint. My vision grayed and I cussed under my breath as my knees gave out.
"Woah!"
I wouldve fallen to the ground if someone hadnt picked me up, bridal style.
"Evie?" my sisters voice was quiet, worried.
"I'm fine..." I waved her off as they set me down, but she came forward and brushed her finger under my nose.
"You're bleeding," she whispered.
I quickly brought my hand to my face, my eyes widening. I looked at my fingers and saw the blood there before passing out completely.

This time, when I woke up, I was on the floor. All the lights were on and my head was propped up by hooded sweatshirts. I closed my eyes again as the room started to spin and let out a groan.
"She's waking up," I heard Zak say
"Move it!" Megan said, probably pushing him from the scuffling I heard before I felt her kneel down next to me.
"Evie... are you okay."
"Just drained... can we go home?" I whimpered.
"I don't know, can we?" she asked hostilly.
I heard heavy footsteps and I opened my eyes to see Aaron kneeling next to me as well.
"You feeling okay?" he gave me a small smile. I managed a weak smile. He put his hand on my bare arm and I felt a spark of electricty... he must have felt the same way cause he pulled back and gave me a strange look.

I looked over to my sister, Aaron's gaze was giving me butterflies, but she had stood up and was having a stand off with Zak.
"We have to get my sister to bed."
"And where is home?"
She gave him a hard look.
"You dont have a bed to take her, do you?"
"Zak... they can stay with us," Nick offered.
"No!" my sister argued.
"Fine." I muttered weakly.
My sister turned on me and glared.
"Megan... I need a real bed... a real nights sleep to get my strength back."
She stormed out before I could say anything else and I groaned, "A little help?"
Aaron helped me stand and I followed her out into the hallway.
"No more magic," she growled at me, and all I could do was nod. This is what she was afraid of... that I would become addicted to the power, and I had to admit... it was becoming very seductive.

She took my hand after I promised and we walked back into the room and Megan agreed to stay with the guys. As we followed them into the truck, she gave me a small, defenseless smile that reminded me to when we were young, before we went through all this, and I prayed as we drove away that we could trust these guys not to turn us into the cops.