Status: Co-Write

Right Place at the Wrong Time

Okay

Megan’s POV

“Well Nick since this is your genius plan where do you expect them to sleep?”

“They can take one of our rooms and we could just bunk with-“

“No way in hell am I bunking with one of you guys. I’m a grown ass man not a 10 year old at a sleepover.”

“Not acting like it,” I scoffed.

“Meg,” my sister warned as Zak shot me a glare through the rearview mirror from the passenger seat.

“Do you have a problem with me?” He snapped.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t have to deal with me if you just let us go,” I countered and he growled through clenched teeth.

“Megan,” Evie warned while grabbing my hand and calming me.

I sunk back in my seat and didn’t say another word for the rest of the ride. We pulled into a hotel parking lot and Nick spoke up breaking the silence.

“Look you two can bunk in my room and I share with Aaron,”

“Thanks,” My sister smiled and nudged me with her elbow forcing thanks out of me.

We got out and walked through the lobby bags in tow. Zak walked ahead of us not speaking and angrily pressed the elevator button to go up. Nick directed us to his room and took his belongings out of it.

“I’ll across the hall in Aaron’s room if you need anything and Zak is two doors down.”

We nodded after he pointed the direction of both doors. He left us alone and Evie ran to the bathroom.

“Oh my God! A tub!” She squealed and I smiled in the first time in a while. “Now we can bathe!”

She came back out as I flopped onto the bed and turned on the TV. She snatched the remote out of my hand and shut the box back off.

“Hey, what the hell?”

“I’m going to take a bath and you have to go apologize to Zak,”

I scoffed. No way in hell I was apologizing to that asshole.

“He was nice enough to let us stay,”

“More like held us hostage Evelyn!”

“More like not snitch us out Megan!”

I glared standing my ground, well laying and she gave me that look; that motherly look that said she wasn’t letting this go. I groaned and sat up while she smiled in victory. I threw a pillow at her face and laughed when her smile turned to an angry frown and she pointed sternly to the door.

I huffed and grabbed the room key that sat on the table before doing as I was told. I went to the room Nick said and knocked lightly. The door opened and I was shocked to see Zak in front of me with no shirt on, just his bagging jeans. He raised a brow at me in confusion and I couldn’t stop my jaw from dropping and my eyes from going to his very buff midsection. I could tell he was fit through his ridiculously tight shirts but seeing him unclothed was another thing all together.

I managed to pull my gaze back up to his face to see a stupid smirked on his lips. I sneered at him mad at myself for gawking at him like that.

“Why are you in my presence?” I looked down at my feet and kept shifting my weight back and forth.

It was hard for me to apologize to anyone; let alone a jerk who was practically kidnapping us.

“I just wanted to say I was sorry,” I looked up being sincere. “I understand you didn’t have to take us in but thanks for giving us a place to stay for the night,” I looked into his eyes. “I understand why you dislike us, this is your life,”

“It is,”

“Well it’s ours too, but we didn’t ask for these powers, we didn’t get to choose like you guys did.” I defended.

“You think this was a choice for us too?” I looked at him confused. “Megan I was a wedding DJ before this, I was a skeptic. This is my calling, my destiny. I didn’t ask for this and neither did the guys. Aaron just signed up to be our tech guy having no idea what the real job was.”

The sincerity in his voice shocked me; maybe I was being too hard on him.

“That doesn’t change the fact is there’s a lot you still don’t know,”

“I’m very aware, that’s why I go searching for answers. That’s why we need you and your sister’s help. Help us understand. Help me.

I stood in my spot frozen, I didn’t know what to but something was telling me to answer yes.

“What exactly are you asking?”

“Come on the GAC tour with us,”

“Okay,”

My sister was going to kill me for not asking her before making a big decision.