Status: Active

Tonight The Lies Will Be Evaporating From Your Lips

Number Five

My eyes opened and it’s like I’m seeing everything in a new perspective. I felt fresh and brand new then I remember what happened earlier. I told everyone about Brendon and what he had done. What’s going to happen now? I rolled over onto my side and Liz was sleeping in bed with me. I quickly sat up and saw that I was lying down on a thin mattress and my suitcases were piled on the floor by the foot of the bed. I threw the cover off my body and stepped onto the cold floor. Moving very slowly and quietly over to my suitcases I pulled out a fresh pair of black jeans and a blue v-neck shirt. After I changed into them I walked over to the kitchen and started to make a fresh pot of coffee.

“Good morning.”

I turned to look at a very sleepy Patrick who sat down on a chair. I gave him a smile and we didn’t say anything for a while.

“How did you sleep?”

“Just fine thank you.” I told him and grabbed two coffee cups and set them on the counter.

“How are you feeling?” He asked me but you could tell just by the way he said it he was curious.

“Are you asking me how I’m feeling or do I feel different like I’m I blood thirsty?”

His eyebrows rose not expecting my answer, “Both.”

I laughed, “I feel fine and no I’m kind of full right now.”

He gave a nervous chuckle.

The coffee pot buzzed and I started to pour myself a cup and did the same with the second one. I grabbed both cups and sat down across from Patrick and gave him one of the cups. He thanked me and just kept looking at it.

“I’m not one of them.”

He looked up at me, “I know.”

“Then why do you look scared of me?”

He looked back down at his cup and was trying to figure out a way to answer me, “I’m not scared of you. I’m scared for you. I know we never really talked before in school but in a way I see you as my friend.”

When he said friend I grew sad, “Well don’t be scared.”

“I can’t help myself.” He chuckled.

I gave him a small smile and stared down at the black liquid in my cup watching the steam rise up, “You know that I have no memory of my life before the age of six.”

He looked at me and crossed his arms, “What happened?”

“Some people found me on the side of the highway in Illinois unconscious. They took me to the hospital and ran some tests to see if I was fine and they tried to find my birth parents. When the results came back they said that it was the most unusual thing they ever saw. My white blood cell count was ridiculously high but they said it was nothing too much to worry about. So I was sent to an orphanage as years went by of not getting adopted my case was then moved to the state and I became the state’s responsibility and they had to provide for me. When I turned eighteen that’s when I started to have dreams.” I got up and put my cup in the sink.

“What kind of dreams?” Patrick stood up as well and was standing next to me.

“I keep dreaming about this woman. She’s always in trouble and in my dreams she is always running away from someone.” I felt tears filling up almost spilling out.

“Why is she running?”

“She is running to protect her children. She keeps calling out to them.” I took a deep breath to keep myself from crying, “Three days ago the dreams started to turn into visions. The visions are more vivid and detailed. The last vision I saw was a man holding her by her throat and she looked at me and said she was sorry.” Then I lost it I started crying in front of him.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked at first but I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in the crook of his neck. I loved the way he smelled and how comfortable I felt being this close to him.

“Don’t worry okay,” He whispered into my hair, “We will find a way to figure this out.”

I kept my hold on him not wanting to let go. I have felt this type of affection in my life especially by the opposite sex. The thought made my cheeks burn and I figured I was blushing.

“Ahem.”

Patrick and I instantly pulled away from each other with our arms on our sides. Our gazes landed on a smirking Pete who was standing with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Don’t worry I’m just getting myself a bowl of coco puffs and I will be out of your way.” He grabbed his box of cereal, walked towards the fridge, poured some milk into the box, grabbed a spoon, and left with a small wave.

“Well that was interesting.” Patrick stuffed his hands in his pockets.

I licked my lips trying to fight the urge of me wanting to kiss him, “Yeah well what happens now?”

“You know how you said that your white blood cell count was really high…well you think I can get a sample of your blood so I can look for myself.”

Confusion was written all over my face, “Can I trust you with a needle?”

He just chuckled, “Don’t worry my mom worked as a nurse and sometimes she would take me
to work with her and I learned everything there. Pete calls me a genius because I know all about the test tubes and such.”

“I guess so there isn’t much to find.”

“We will see.”

After Patrick took some blood out, he walked over to his desk and immediately began his researching. I on the other hand was sprawled out on the couch being suffocated with boredom. Joe and Pete were in the training area throwing a few punches at each other while Liz sat next to me staring at Andy sharpening his blades.

“Why don’t you go over there to talk to him?”

She looked away from Andy and smiled, “Okay!”

“Well that was easy.” I watched her walk over to Andy and he gave her a big smile when she sat next to him.

I closed my eyes for a second when I felt a cool heavy object land on my stomach. My eyes fluttered open and landed on a hand gun that was nested on my there, “What the hell?”
“Let’s go we have to have to teach you and Liz how to protect yourselves.” Pete grabbed my hand and pulled me up with the gun in my other.

“Why?”

He gave me a look like if I was the most retarded person on the planet, “Maybe because there are vampires out to get you.”

I just laughed and shook my head.

He pulled me towards a wall the held drawings of vampires with bullet holes in them and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What?” Pete asked.

I pointed at the paintings, “Really?”

“It was Joe’s idea.” He chuckled, “Alright so keep both hands on the gun.” He began explaining while he stood behind me and showed me to hold the gun, “You put your finger here to pull the lever to release the chamber.” I did what I was told, “Great now put your finger on the trigger, take a deep breath, and concentrate on hitting the small X on its chest.”

I took my deep breath and my finger pulled the trigger and shot six rounds. After the sound deceased I looked at the wall and I made a J with the bullet holes and smirked. Pete stared at the holes in disbelief and Joe started laughing.

“By the looks of it she knows how to handle a gun.” Andy said and Liz was grinning.

“Yeah not really I was trying to see what I could do.” I handed the gun to Pete, “What’s next?”

Joe stood in front of me, “Time for me to show you how to throw some punches.”

Joe and I were standing in front of each other while Andy, Liz, and Pete were sitting on the couch watching.

“Alright so first I’m going to run at you with full speed and it’s up to you on how you should dodge me.”

Joe began explaining and I just nodded and was semi paying attention. I was more focused on
looking at Patrick who was staring at his lap top screen. He is amazing and very attractive and all I wanted to do was take him in my arms and kiss…my thoughts stopped when I landed on the floor.

“You should focus more. You didn’t even see me coming.” Joe extended his hand out and everyone was laughing. Even Patrick was chuckling in the back and I couldn’t help myself but turn pink.

“Okay I’m ready. Go at me again.” I motioned Joe over with my arms and he smirked.

This time when he came at me I was prepared. He lunged and I quickly moved to the side and kicked him in the gut and he collapsed on the floor.

“You know you shouldn’t be obvious with your attacks.” I laughed and extended my hand out.

He took it and Andy stood up, “She needs to go against someone who is faster.”

“Thanks.” Joe muttered and took Andy’s place.

Andy was now standing in front me and next thing you know he was swinging at me in a constant pattern and I was blocking every single punch. He was fast but I was faster and my senses came to life, I felt stronger, and I could sense when he was going to attack next. My movements came in a blur and even Andy was having a hard time keeping up and before he could even take the next swing I grabbed his wrist and flipped him over and now he was on the floor.

“Dude you just got your ass kicked by a girl.” Pete chanted like a small child.

“Shut up Peter.” Andy got up and dusted himself off.

“How is it that you are inexperienced in fighting and weapons…but you act like you have been this for years?” Joe asked.

“I think I know why?” Patrick spoke up and was holding a piece of paper.

We all looked at him waiting for an explanation.

“Well Josie not only do you have a high white blood cells count but you have these other cells in your system. They are not ordinary cells you see in a…um…human way.” He said and looked up at me.

“What do you mean not human?” I asked with my arms crossed in front of me.

“I don’t know how to lay this out but I am going to be straight forward with you. Josie you are not completely human the only time I saw these cells before…was in vampire blood. When Brendon gave you his blood it mixed in your blood stream and now your red blood cells and the vampire cells are combining together. The white blood cells are trying to fight the vampire cells but the count is slowly decreasing. ”

“So I’m a vampire?” I asked and clutched onto my chest while trying to control my breathing so I won’t faint.

“Not completely…the human side of you which in this case is the white blood cells and the vampire cells and regular blood cells are perfectly combining with no defect.” Patrick kept explaining and he pushed his glasses up, “You’re not a vampire and you’re not human. You are a hybrid and Brendon didn’t give you blood to turn you. He did it to awaken something that was inside you all along.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So i hope everyone enjoys this chapter it took me a while to write because i was trying my best to make sure it made sense. :) so Comment and subscribe and let me know what you think.