Status: One Shot (:

Water in My Lungs

And the water's so cold

She laid on her bed with tears streaming down her cheeks. Her green eyes really did nothing but really cry theses day. She was tired of living an unhappy life. She was tired of claiming she was still in love. In all reality she didn’t even what love was anymore.
She could hear Dan cussing about something in the other room. She heard him stubble in the house about twenty minutes ago after a night out with the guys. Their relationship had fallen into a routine. She would go to work while he slept the day away. Then at night when Elliot was home he would be out with guys. Ninety-five percent of the time he would come home plastered. The nights he came home drunk, Elliot would get him into bed, and then she would go out and make her bed on the couch and sleep there.
The two of them were complete different people then who they were when they first met. At one point they were in love, and they were happy. Now they have neither of those.
She walked into the living room to find Dan sitting on the couch. She could smell the liquor from were she stood. His hair was a mess and it looked liked he had tried unbuttoning his shirt and just gave up.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” He slurred at her with his heavy English accent.
“How am I looking at you?” She said trying her hardest to stay calm. She hated seeing him drunk. He was a totally different person. He wasn’t the guy she fell in love with. He wasn’t the sweet and caring guy she used to know. Alcohol made him a completely different person. It made him angry, and blunt.
“You’re judging me.” He said closing his eyes and holding them shut. She wasn’t sure if he was passing out, falling asleep or what.
“I’m not judging you.” She lied while gnawing on her bottom lip.
“Don’t lie to me.” He said standing up.
“What do you want me to say?” Tears started welling up in her eyes again.
“I want you to tell me the truth.” He said walking over towards her.
“Fine I’m judging you.” Tears started streaming down her cheeks.
“You know all you ever do is judge me.” He spat.
“How can I not? The only way I ever see you is when you’re drunk.”
“I’m not always drunk.”
“My ass Dan, you’ve been drunk every night for the last week.” She said as tears just poured down her cheeks.
“Whats wrong with me being drunk?”
“Because it always causes us to fight.” She said as she ran her fingers through her hair.
“We fight even when I don’t have liquor in me.”
“Exactly Dan, we don’t have a relationship anymore. All we do is fight.” She said as she continued to cry.
“My arse Elliot. We do a lot more then fight.” He said walking closer to her. He stared into her green eyes, and saw nothing but sorrow, where he used to see happiness.
“No we don’t. I don’t even remember the last time we had a date or spent time together and there was some type of alcohol.”
“Well I’m sorry I don’t live up to you high expectations.”
“Are you being serious?” She asked annoyed.
“Quit being so stuck up.” He spat.
“Oh my god Dan do you not understand what I gave up for you? I moved to England for you. I left my family behind, all because I fell in love with you.”
“How can I forget what you gave up for me? You never let me forget.”
“What ever.” She said turning on her heels, and started walking down the hall.
“What do you want me to do?” He said walking right behind her.
“If you don’t know what you need to do then this relationship is over.”
“Are you serious?” He was completely blind sided by what she had just said.
“Completely Dan, I really can’t do this anymore.” She said walking into their room they shared.
“Are you breaking up with me?” He asked as he watched her grab her suitcase from the bottom of the closet.
“I guess Dan. I’m done, we’re not good for each other. I think its best we both move on before one of us get more hurt then we already are.” She started grabbing her clothes out of the dresser and tossing them on the bed. Dan stood in the door way shocked by what was happening, not really sure what he should do or say. Everything that was happening was starting to sober him up.
“You can’t leave me. I love you.” He begged.
“I have to, I can’t do this anymore.” She cried.
“No you cant leave. I love you so much. I don’t think I could live without you.” He said grabbing her clothes she placed on the bed and put them back in the dresser.
“Stop it.” She said grabbing them back.
“I’m not going to stop. I refuse to let you leave.” He said as tears started to fall from his blue eyes.
“Dan were done, I can’t do this anymore. Just let me leave.”
“No. I promise I’ll change. I won’t ever touch alcohol again. I’ll spend every waking moment of the day with you. If you just promise me you’ll stay.” He pulled her in a hug and just held her as he whispered into her ear.
“Dan your promise means nothing right now.” She said as she started to sob into his chest.
“I swear on everything, I promise I’ll change for you.” She couldn’t say anything as she continued to sob, fighting to catch her breath. Her legs gave out and she fell to the floor. He sat down next to her, pulling her back into a hug and just held her as she sobbed.
“I swear if we fight again I’m done, and I mean it. I will pack up and leave.” She said into his chest. He heard every word crystal clear, and he refused to lose her. She sat on the ground in front of their bed, as Dan just held her.
“I love you.” He whispered softly in her ear as she tired to stop crying.
“I love you too.” She mumbled into his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty much what came to mind when I heard the song and read the lyrics.