Status: Hiatus.

Untangle Me

four.

"So what'd you do last night?" Claire Hastings looked over at her sister. They were sitting on Claire's floor. Claire was making a bracelet as they sat and talked.

"Oh, we just stayed in and watched a movie. Ate some pizza. Nothing to exciting." Ellie shrugged. 

"Oh.." Claire nodded slowly before putting down her bracelet, "What'd you REALLY do last night?" 

Ellie looked up with wide eyes to see her younger sister smirking like crazy. 

"Nothing happened!" Ellie said defensively.

"Oh come on, Ellie. Something had to have happened. You've been smiling like a mad woman ever since you got home!" 

Ellie sighed. She knew she wanted to tell Claire, but the question was, would she snitch?

"Tell mum and dad and your ass is mine." 

"Lips are sealed!" Claire acted as if there was a zipper on her mouth and she was zipping it, "now spill."

"Well Cara took me to her boyfriend's concert last night." 

Claire crossed her arms. "That's IT?!" 

"And I guess you could say I became friends  with the lead singer.." 

"Keep going." 

"They stayed the night with Cara and I last night too. Now that's all that happened!" 

"Wow. I thought maybe you actually did something that I'd WANT to tell my mum and dad, but i guess I was wrong!" Claire sighed loudly before sticking her tongue out at her older sister. 

Ellie reached over to Claire's bed, grabbing a pillow. She turned and hit Claire with it. "Piss off, Claire! Sorry I'm not little miss exciting!" 

"Of course you're not, because I am." Claire winked. 

"Speaking of exciting, how's that love life of yours going?" 

"Well let's just say, I'm no longer a single pringle." Claire pretended to pop her collar. 

Ellie's jaw dropped, "Your first boyfriend!" she squealed.

"Yes! Enough about that though. Tell me about this lead singer." Claire crossed her arms yet again, looking over at Ellie.

Ellie began to smile. "His name's Josh. He's really rather cute..Beautiful blue eyes!" 

"You like him." 

"I do not! I just met the lad!" 

"Ellie, Ellie, Ellie.." Claire shook her head, "I can tell you do. You got a weird look in your eyes and started smiling when you told me about him." 

"Whatever, Claire." 

"Yeah, that's right! I'm doctor Phil up in this bitch!" 

Ellie cracked up, "You are so stupid, Claire!" 

The two girls were interrupted by Ellie's cell phone ringing from it's place on Claire's table stand.

Claire darted for it and answered without even checking who it was. 

"Hello? No, this is her younger sister Claire. Sorry, who is this? Josh?" 

Ellie's eyes got as big as the moon. She attacked her sister, whispering, "Give me the bloody phone!"
 Claire just shoved her away.

"Uh huh. And why are you calling? Really?! Okay, pick her up at 7 tomorrow night. Ask Cara for directions. Later gator." Claire pressed the end call button.

"What'd he say? Why's he picking me up at 7?!" Ellie shook Claire by the shoulders. 

"You're going on a date." 

Ellie's jaw dropped. "What?!" 

"Now go get your keys and make yourself look presentable. We're going shopping." 

"I don't think i heard a single please in there." Ellie raised her eyebrows.

"Oh please, we're shopping for you so  I don't need to say please." 

~

"This shirt. You need this shirt. You're getting this shirt, okay? Cool." Claire threw the shirt into Ellie's hands, then continued looking, stroking her chin with her hand.

"Do you want to wear skinny jeans or shorts?" Claire asked.

"Skinny je-" 

Claire cut Ellie off by raising a hand in the air. "Forget I asked, you're wearing shorts." 

"I'm pretty sure I just said I wanted to wear skinny jeans?" 

"Well," Claire pauses, "I said your wearing shorts. So, yeah." Claire continued going through racks of clothes, pursing her lips.

"Well," Ellie said, mocking Claire, "I'm older. So, yeah."

"Oh that was a real knee slapper, El."   Claire said while she picked up a pair of shorts from a pile, checked the size, and put them in Ellie's hands. 

"Now shoes. I think my Sperry's would go good with those. So go pay, and I'll wait here." Claire pointed in the direction of he cash register.

"Now THAT was a total knee slapper!" Ellie held out her hand and said, "Cough up the cash. This was your idea, you're paying."

Claire groaned as she dug in the pocket of her pants for cash. She sat the clump of cash in Ellie's hand. 

"I want change." Claire glared.
 
Ellie rolled her eyes, muttering how much of a loser Claire was as she turned on her heel to check out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update.
So, how are you guys liking it? Haha.
I'm anxious for this story!

- Thanks to the three people who commented!

Comment?! Subscribe?! :)