Status: Completed.

No One Could Save Me but You

Chapter One.

Chapter One.

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

The crowd was packed, and I stood backstage, looking over it all on the teleprompter. They were pumped, loud, and completely ready for the action. As I stood there, a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" the voice spoke.

I could tell that voice from anyones.

"Dro, my baby" I replied, smiling.

His hands left my eyes as I turned around after, locking eyes with him. His bright, blue eyes were lined with black liner, making them stand out even more. His dark, thick eyebrows were shaped perfectly. His tiny lips sported some black lipstick. His perfect nose, sporting his usual nose ring on the right side. His bright, red vibrant hair with some black streaks was parted down the middle and cut on an angle. Longer in the front, and shorter in the back. He was so tiny and petite. He was only five foot six, and he was skinny at about 115 pounds. His tiny frame sported his black, sleeveless shirt that had "Fuck You" written on it, and his baggy black shorts on his lower half. He was absolutely stunning tonight.

"Yes it is" he smiled.

"I thought you weren't going to show" I said.

"I'm here, just... got held up" he sighed.

Something was clearly wrong. Leandro was my boyfriend for a year, and we ended up splitting apart after some distance issues. I knew his current boyfriend was a real dick and constantly mistreated him. He hated Leandro even being near me or talking to me.

"Your boyfriend in other words" I voiced.

"You know how he is, Jeff... I can't control him" he responded.

"Then why do you stay with him?" I questioned, feeling frustrated.

I've only asked him this hundreds of times, each and every time he complained about the way he was treated. But yet here we were, and he was still with the douche bag. He hung his head and softly shrugged his shoulders.

"Because I love him" he answered.

"How can you love someone that walks all over you and treats you like garbage?" I shot. "He doesn't love you if he hits you. That's not love".

I could see another sigh escape him as he stood there.

"It's not that bad" he spoke, raising his head back up.

"Not that bad?" I questioned, letting out a scuff after. "That's a crock of shit and you know it. Him threatening you every day, saying he'll kill you. That's not bad?"

"Jeff, please... I don't want to argue with you about this..." he replied, locking eyes with me now.

"I'm not arguing. I just want you to be safe. I don't want to get another phone call from you at two in the morning, crying that he hurt you again" I explained. "And I sure as fuck don't want to get a call saying you're dead. Do you understand that Dro?"

"Yeah" he sighed, lowering his head again, "but he won't kill me".

"You don't know that. All it takes is one wrong hit, or one wrong move, and you'd be dead. I can't lose you" I stated.

"I know, Jeff. But nothing will happen, I swear" he answered, lifting his head again.

"Am I interrupting something?" a voice butted in.

Looking to my left, my eyes locked with Damon, Dro's current douche bag boyfriend.

"No, babe. Not at all. Just talking" Dro answered, his attention now on Damon.

Damon was quick to come over and stand behind Dro, putting his arms around his waist and kissing him on the neck. It was as if he was trying to get under my skin and piss me off. Almost as though it was his way of saying Dro belonged to him, and not me anymore. I had to admit, it made my blood boil, only because Damon was an asshole and really pissed me off for the way he treated Dro. I constantly told Dro he deserved better, and I felt deep down, he knew I was right.

"Want to go take our seats for the event?" Damn asked, looking down at Dro from behind.

"Yeah, we should before it starts" Dro acknowledged.

"Alright, let's get moving then".

"I'll meet you out there, I need to use the bathroom first and then grab a drink" Dro answered, motioning towards the bathroom area.

"OK. Don't take too long" Damon responded with a smile, and then walked off, leaving us alone.

Once the coast was clear, Dro refocused on me.

"I'm sorry, Jeff. I know how you feel about Damon" he spoke.

"Yeah, and I know he hates me equally" I cut in.

"He doesn't hate you" he defended.

"Bullshit, Dro. You know it as much as I do. He hates me. He barely lets you see me anymore. He practically rubs it in that you two are together every chance he gets" I stated.

"Jeff, I'm really not in the mood for this. I feel like I'm stuck in this constant war between you two. And honestly, it drains me" he exclaimed, raising his voice slightly.

"You put yourself in it!" I shouted, feeling my temper coming through. "If he wasn't such a dick, and you had the balls to stand up for yourself.."

"No! Don't you even pull that shit on me" he cut me off, "If YOU hadn't broke it off with me, I wouldn't be with him" he continued, pointing his index finger on his right hand at me, and poking me in the center of my chest.

"It was mutual when we split!" I retorted, slapping his hand away.

"Was it, Jeff? Cause to be honest, I sure as fuck didn't want it to end... But you thought it was too much to handle. So since when did loving me become too much of a problem for you?" he shot, really laying it into me.

And to be honest, his words hit me hard. This time, I found myself being the one to hang my head in shame.

"It was never too much, Dro. I loved you, always, and still do..." I answered, sighing after.

"Then you have nobody to blame but yourself for me being with Damon" he stabbed.

Those words were like a knife to the heart.

"Don't you dare lay that guilt on me! I didn't tell you to date him" I replied, trying not to let it break me as I rose my head again.

"No, you didn't. But either way, he was there after my heart was shattered... And I can't help who I fall for. Just like you couldn't help your choice to call it quits apparently".

"Dro... I'm... I'm sorry" I apologized.

"Don't be. I've got to go before he questions what's taking so long".

And just like that, he walked away. I couldn't even find the words to say in this moment. He blamed me for him ending up in Damon's possessive grasp. Maybe I was partially to blame. I regretted breaking it off with him, and I thought about how badly I fucked up every day. It wasn't like I lived every day completely happy with my decision. Our lives were just in different places at that time, and it was hard to see one another. If there's no communication, then how can you have a relationship? It wasn't like I moved on or found somebody else. After I split with him, I didn't date anybody else, because my heart couldn't take it. I missed, wanted, and loved only Leandro, and I believe he knew it. And the fact that he even said he "loved" Damon sickened me. How can you love somebody that belittles you and treats you like shit? You just can't. But Damon had Dro wrapped around his finger, and it was clear. Damon was a master at manipulating people and it showed. He manipulated Dro into staying with him. And he clearly fooled all of Dro's friends into believing he was this perfect, sweet loving gentleman.

But I knew differently. And that was because Dro told me everything. I was the only person he turned to when Damon did something to hurt him. I was the one he called when he was in tears because of Damon's drunken behavior. It was as though he was reaching out to me for help. But how could I help when he couldn't even take my advice and stand up for himself and walk away? I couldn't give Dro the courage he needed. He needed to find that himself in order to walk away. Cause no matter what I did or said, he ended up staying with Damon. Even after he agreed that he needed to stand up and leave. He let Damon apologize and sweet talk his was directly back in. It was out of my control, and he made his own choices. It's like the old saying: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink". I could give Dro all the pep talks he needed and attempt to encourage him to do better for himself, but he wouldn't follow it. Sighing from frustration, I headed to my dressing room to gear up for my match tonight. I couldn't let this scenario fuck with my head. My focus needed to remain on my match..

**********************
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will be split into two points of views, as a lot of my stories seem to be. It'll go back & forth between Jeff Hardy, & Leandro "the Dro" Simoes. (If you don't know who Leandro is, google Deadstar Assembly. He is the bass player for them & I know they are a bit under the radar, but they are worthy of being known!). Hope you'll enjoy the story as it progresses, & it won't be real long either.