Status: Completed.

No One Could Save Me but You

Chapter Nine.

*Dro's P.O.V.*

Eleven in the morning, we were sitting in Jeff's car outside of Damon's. My heart was racing right now. I feared seeing Damon right now.

"Are you alright?" Jeff asked, as I stared at the house.

"I'm scared... I don't want to face him" I spoke.

I felt his right hand grip my left, squeezing it tightly.

"I'm here for you baby. He won't lay a hand on you. I promise" he reassured, as I glanced over at him. "After what I did and said to him last night, he better be wise not to touch you. And I'll break his fucking hands if he tries".

I smiled softly. I knew he meant those words. I couldn't count how many times Jeff got into fights to protect me. He was simply amazing.

"I just don't want you to end up killing him or ending up in trouble" I stated.

"I won't. I promise you".

Looking back at the house, I nodded my head.

"OK. I'm ready then".

"Let's go" he noted, releasing my hand and opening the car door.

I followed his lead, opening the passenger door and climbing out, shutting the door behind me. Jeff was quick to come around and lock his right hand with my left and walking up to the house with me. My heart felt as though it was about to burst through my chest. Walking up the steps and stopping at the door, I rose my right hand, clenching it into a fist, and knocking on the door. Sighing heavily, I waited for the door to open. I could hear the lock click, seconds later as the door then slowly peeled open. Sure enough, my eyes met with his. My tormentor. The man that broke me down for the longest time. I felt fear flush over my body upon seeing him.

"Heyyy. The whore finally came home" Damon smirked.

Jeff released my hand as Damon stepped toward me, putting his hands out towards me. Instantly, Jeff slapped Damon's arms away and then gave him a hard shove back by his chest.

"Back the fuck off! And don't you ever call him that again" Jeff shouted.

Grabbing Jeff by his right forearm, I tried to calm him down.

"Jeff... Don't" I pleaded, softly as he looked at me.

"Aww. how cute. Defending the whore" Damon taunted.

"You shut the fuck up!" Jeff yelled again.

"Please, stop!" I begged.

Jeff looked at me again as I mouthed 'please', trying to get him to stop letting Damon push his buttons.

Jeff kept his focus on me, and I could tell he was biting his tongue not to say anything. I could see him taking a deep breath, trying to calm his temper. As much as I wanted to watch Jeff rip Damon apart, I knew it wouldn't solve anything.

"Look, Damon" I begun, turning my focus to him now, "I'm just here to get some of my belongings and we're leaving. So, just let us in, and we'll be out in no time".

"Get some belongings? I don't think you're going anywhere" Damon snapped.

"Like hell if he's not, motherfucker. He's done with you" Jeff shot.

"Jeff.." I spoke.

"So you let us in, or we're going to call the police to escort you out, and let Dro in. This is his place as well" Jeff continued.

Damon hated police, and any threat of the law.

"And unless you want Dro to go to the police with his battered face and body, and unleash all the hell you inflicted on him to the authorities, I suggest you make the right choice" Jeff added.

Damon gulped hard at those words. Jeff knew how to hit him where it hurt. This is why I loved Jeff so much. He would go above and beyond for me, always.

"Fine. One hour. Get your shit, and get out" Damon said, stepping aside.

"I hope you know, after this we're done Damon" I stated. "I'm out of here, and I'm moving away. I'm tired of letting you walk all over me, and abuse me. I can do better than this. And I've found that, and had that person in my life all along. I was just too scared to walk away from you".

Jeff clasped his right hand in my left, squeezing it softly to show he was here and supported my every word.

"You'll come back to me, Dro. I know you will. You're too scared to be away from me" Damon spoke.

"No... I won't. I'm done with you, forever" I replied, sounding and feeling stronger than I ever had before. "Now I'm getting my shit, and leaving".

"Whatever you say, Dro" Damon said.

Jeff went in first, still holding my hand and I followed in behind him. We headed straight to the bedroom, closing the door behind us. My heart was still racing so hard and fast.

"Fuck, that was so scary" I sighed, breathing a little hard.

Jeff released my hand and looked at me as I stood there, feeling shocked. I was shaking, I could feel it.

"Baby, you handled it so well, don't stress. You're going to be out of here and away from him" Jeff started, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly against him. "You will never have to see him again after this. And I'll always protect you baby. I promise".

I could feel the tears rising up inside me as I wrapped my arms around his waist, and squeezed him tightly, resting my head against his chest. I couldn't wait to be out of this house, and hundreds of miles away from Damon and my horrendous past. I'd be starting my life over again with Jeff.

"I know, Jeff... But standing up to him scared me. I was scared he would start hitting me again" I said, softly crying.

Jeff rubbed my head with his left hand, trying to soothe me.

"Shhhh, baby. He'll never touch you again. I love you, and I'll never let anybody hurt you" he reassured.

Pulling back, we looked at one another as he placed his hands on my head again. Our eyes locked and he was quick to wipe my tears away.

"I promise you that" he added, keeping his green eyes locked with my wet blue eyes.

"I know, Jeff. And I trust you. You've protected me any times, and I believe you" I spoke.

"Good, 'cause I'll always do whatever it takes to protect you beautiful" he smiled. "Let's pack up your things and get out of here. The sooner we're on our way to North Carolina, the better for both of us".

I nodded in agreeance, as he released his hands and headed for my closet. Walking to the bed, I kneeled down, reaching under and gripping the handle of my large suitcase, pulling it out and putting on the bed. Standing back up, I went to the closet with Jeff, grabbing my clothing with him and beginning to pack it into the suitcase.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

We packed up all of Leandro's clothing into two suitcases, along with his bass and amp by putting them in my backseat. Taking any necessities that he needed as well, we loaded up the car, packing the trunk full and the backseat. Walking out the front door, Dro stayed extremely strong, but I knew under that exterior, he was still afraid. But he carried himself extremely well. I was proud of him for finally taking a stand. Getting in the car, he never turned back. And it was better that way. Starting the car, I placed my right hand on Dro's left thigh, causing him to look at me.

"You alright?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I'm more than alright, now. I'm free from what I thought I'd never get away from. And I have you to thank Jeff" he smiled.

"No, you have yourself to thank. I may have given you the pep talk, but in the end... you had the courage and strength to do it" I encouraged.

He smiled a little bigger than before, and leaned over, planting a kiss on my lips quickly, then pulling back.

"But you still helped. 'Cause if my love for you wasn't still there so strong, I wouldn't have had the motivation to leave. And knowing you loved me still, helped a great deal" he explained. "So thank you".

"I'll always love you. And you're welcome. Do you still want to get that restraining order?" I questioned.

"Better safe than sorry" he agreed.

"Alright, we'll get that right away. But now, we've got a long drive ahead of us" I smiled. "So let's hit the road".

"Yes. Let's get out of here and head home".

Removing my hand from his thigh, I gave him a quick peck on the lips again and then focused on the road and drive ahead of us. Shifting the car into drive, I accelerated and headed down the path back to North Carolina. Back to the place that he and I would finally call home.

* * * * * * *

Hours among hours went by before we reached my house - out house - and began unloading his belongings into it. I loved seeing his belongings in the house again. Seeing the pictures of us together back on the walls, and in the bedroom. The scent that filled the room from his after he showered and the fragrance of his cologne. It drove me wild. Being able to wake up to him every morning and going to bed with him every night. Feeling him against me during the night. Touching his soft skin and kissing those lips every day. I loved him, always. And he was finally back where he belonged. And he was happy again, the way he was when we were together before. I was always going to keep him safe. And I made sure of that by getting the restraining order going, which prevented Damon from entering North Carolina, or having any contact with myself or Dro, and not being allowed to come near us when we were in Florida. Dro had confessed to the abuse that Damon inflicted on him as the reason behind the restraining order, and Damon didn't contest to it or deny what he had done. He was finally gone, and he was in the past.

Now it was the future. The future that would be between Dro and myself for the rest of our lives. He was finally safe, and that was what mattered most to me. We had each other... Forever.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? :) Hope everyone that has read this story has enjoyed it & thank you for reading! <3