Status: New Story

Andria

And I Mostly Smile...

He was asleep when I started to dress myself, grabbed the money he left on the counter, and left without a trace. The briskly cold air hit me hard as I walked down the streets trying to figure out where I’m going. I wrap my arms around my chest and stared blankly ahead. Some couples were jogging and waved to me as they passed. I felt inside my pocket and felt the dollar bills rolled up. A fat tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away.

What have I become?

I found my house and climbed into my window. My Mom is at work, Dad is still sleeping.

Throwing my dirty clothes on the floor, I stood naked in my room examining myself as I stood in front of my mirror. My alabaster skin was bruised on my inner thighs and stomach. Thick eyeliner smudged around my forest green eyes, making me look like death. Deep scars sliced through my hips, silvering with time. I looked frail and helpless. My innocence was deluded, my mind corrupted. My eyes were watering, red rimming the edges.

I slowly trudged into my own bathroom and started the water to the shower. I stepped inside and instantly felt semi- relieved. Closing my eyes, I tried to act normal. I cleaned my dirty hair, scrubbed my body until it was red and shiny, and brushed my teeth. I wrapped a clean towel around my small body and dried myself.

“Faye? Are you still here?” I heard my father yell from behind the door. I dress myself quickly in a baggy white tank top and cotton shorts. I open the door and see my dad, clean and shaved, frowning. “You okay? You look tired.”

“I’m not feeling good today. Uh, I got my period.” I lied so he would let me be. He nodded and looked at me awkwardly.

“Alright, well there’s aspirin in the cabinet and soup in the fridge.” He said. I smiled weakly as he kissed my cheek. I watched as he grabbed his suitcase and left the building, waving.

He’ll never know, never understand.

The house was quiet and once I saw his black SUV exit the driveway I blow dried my hair, teased it, fixed my make up, and left. The streets were quiet until I reached the main road. There was a small plaza with a Starbucks, GameStop, Dollar Tree, and a small picnic area. I walked to the Starbucks and ordered a small skinny vanilla latte with 2 shots of espresso. Once the girl behind the counter gave it to me, I chugged it; scolding my tongue. I left the building refreshed and fully awake. I walked to my corner and fixed my black lacey leggings. I refreshed my scarlet lipstick and made sure my eyeliner wasn’t smudging.

I’m not Faye. She is gone, hidden behind the darkest closet in my mind.

I’m Jane. Flirty, passionate, loveable Jane. Jane can make even the toughest guys crack from one bat of her false eyelashes. She can please anyone, anywhere, at anytime. She doesn’t let guys get to her, sealing her heart closed from the world; unlike Faye. Ha, that foolish child. She’ll never make it. Jane will be revealed to the world from the ashes Faye had become.

Three years, three fucking years.

Suddenly, everything froze. I wouldn’t have noticed her until I heard her shriek of laughter, piercing my ears. I tried to ignore her, to act like she wasn’t even there. I casually turned my head towards her and saw her staring at me. She wasn’t alone; some of her friends were with her. They always tried to be her, get her to notice them. They should know by now that she only cares for herself. Always has, always will. She smirked deviously and started to head my way. My throat closed and went dry. I wanted to run, but where would I go? She would see me and think I’m a wimp. So I held my ground. I lit a cigarette and, trying not to show any fear, looked at my freshly painted black nails.

“Hey, Faye.” She yells, making me cringe and her friends notice me.

They all gave me the evil eye and tried their best to act tough. I ignored her and took a long drag. I let the smoke intoxicate my lungs and slowly, very slowly, let myself exhale. She walked up to me, her smirk gone. “Haven’t seen ya ‘round. Where ya been? I’ve been missing ya.” She was lying. I shrugged.

“Just doing my job.” I mutter. She smiles. Her friends look at me like I’m trash, even though I’m not as nearly as bad as them.

“Ya, I see that. Ha, hey you goin to da concert tonight?” She asked, she sounds like them. I want to punch her. I shake my head and take another drag. “Too bad, bra. Hear there some hot ass guys playing.” She tosses her blonde hair around her shoulders and takes my cigarette from me.

“Fuck off.” I say, her friends shocked, and try to get it back.

“Ooh, pissy little thing aren’t ya? Ha, remember when ya didn’t know what oral was? I had to bring that guy upstairs and show ya a little something or two. Funny shit. You were so dumb. Your are so dumb.” She said, laughing. Her fake friends laughed awkwardly along with her. She gets close to my ear.

“He said you were horrible. You didn’t know what to do and when he came you screamed cuz you thought you broke somethin.” My face burned red and I pushed her away. She sneered and turned on her heels.

“We’ll be seeing ya ‘round. Kay? Tell ya dad I said hi, will ya?” I went to punch her but her friends crowded around me, there were too many. I clenched my fists and watched her leave. None of her friends looked back.

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.

I fucking hate Rayne.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Subscribe?
Much loved c: