Origin, Tea, and Pumpkins.

here it goes again.

“Come on, Adam. Really? We’re not sixth graders.”

Will and a couple of others are sitting down in Adam’s basement, in circle, where he’s just proposed a game of Spin the Bottle. Will has some objections, and he knows upon voicing said objections that Adam’s going to make a comeback about him being “scared” or some stupid shit.

“You’re raining on my parade, Will.” Adam pouts, but then gets an evil smirk on his face. “And you’re being a chicken.”

Just. Like. Clockwork.

Will rolls his eyes, and rests his head in his hands. Adam’s being an asshole again, and all he can do is just sit there and hope that his plan epically fails. Nothing good is going to come of this.

“You don’t have to play if you don’t want to…” Adam shrugs innocently, but Will roughly translates it into, ‘If you don’t submit to my peer pressure, I will forever spend the rest of high school making fun of the one time you refused to play a childish game with me.’

“Come on, Will.” John whines. “You know if you don’t play he’s just going to go and make fun of you for the rest of your life.”

“Yeah,” Matt agrees. “Just give him what he wants.”

“Why are you so scared?” Fred asks.

“I’m not scared.”

“Then play with us.”

“Fine.” Will throws his hands up. “Fine, whatever.” He glances wearily at the people around him: douchebag Adam, Matt, Fred, John, Shaun, Clint, Eddie, other-Matt, Michelle, and another girl he’s not so familiar with. “I’ll play with you.”

---

Playing ‘Spin the Bottle’ is probably the forth best thing he’s ever done in his high school life. He definitely wishes he had brought a camera.

Adam and Michelle were the first to walk into the Closet of Shame.

--

Naturally, John had a cow. But Michelle emerged with a look of triumph, while Adam rubbed the red handprint on his cheek.

---

Then, it was Matt and other-Matt [which, Will found out, he goes by the name Fazzi].

---

Adam had to keep tabs on them, to make sure they didn’t end up having sex in his closet.

“They’re totally going to do it.” Adam smirks, as they followed each other into the closet. “I know it.”

---

Fred had to kiss the unfamiliar girl.

---

Needless to say, they both were pleased.

---

Clint had to kiss Shaun.

---

Shaun refused to move from his spot.

Clint was less than amused.

---

Will spins the bottle, but it lands on the unfamiliar girl. Everybody’s quiet for a minute.

“Looks like the fates have decided….” Adam rubs his hands mischievously, standing up. “Abigail, Will….” He gestures toward the Closet of Shame.

Will lets the girl go first into the closet, and just as he turns around, he’s pushed.

“YOU ASSHOLE!” Will yells, banging on the door, and turning the handle. It’s locked.

The girl behind him—Abigail—sighs quietly, before saying, “You know he’s not going to open the door, right?”

Will ignores her and keeps banging on the door, all while laughter is being heard outside.

“Just stop.” Abigail says, grabbing Will’s hand, but he pulls back, like he’s been burned or something. He plops down on the floor, in what feels like a corner, and runs his hands through his hair.

“Fuck…” He sighs, and he feels Abigail bump into his foot. She mumbles a quick apology, before the room explodes with light. Will squints upward, and stares at the girl Abigail, Possessor of the Light Switch.

Abigail takes a seat in a corner opposite Will’s, and stares. Well, not so much stares, just merely studies. She’s a thinker, and he knows the best way to solve a problem is to analyze it and come up with a solution. She’s working on that.

To Will, staring, studying, whichever, is all the same thing. Meaning, he’s starting to feel uncomfortable by Abigail staring, studying, looking at him.

“Uhm…” Will starts to trail off.

Abigail chuckles a bit before speaking. “Well, I expected someone a little less…” She leaves off, scratching his head. His voice light and airy, but quiet. Will figures he doesn’t speak a lot to people he doesn’t know.

“A little less what?”

“I don’t know.”

“A little less upset?”

“Yeah. Maybe?” Abigail rubs her eyes.

“I’m not kissing you.” Will blurts out, but covers his mouth. Abigail frowns.

“I thought we already covered that?” She cocks his head to the side, curiously. “I would rather not be in here either.” Her watch gives a little beep, as she looks down at it.

“Five minutes.” She states.

“You’re keeping time?”

“Of course.” Abigail gives a small smile. “Knowing Adam, he’d try to keep setting the clock back to contain us longer.” She then mumbles something about Adam being an asshole.

“Right?” Will leans his head back against the wall. He keeps an eye on Abigail, noticing she has this contemplative look on her face. Abigail stands up, and starts shuffling through the shelves. Most of them carry old board games, and other boxes are unmarked.

Abigail goes through an unmarked box, huffing, before pulling out a pack of playing cards. Her watch gives another beep.

“Want to play a round of Go Fish before we get released?”

Will blinks at her.

“Is that a no?”

A smile slowly spreads on Will’s face and he says, “Go Fish is okay.”

Abigail sits back down, and passes out seven cards.

“What’s your name?” She asks, as he scrinches up her face and sets down her pairs.

“Will. Do I start?”

“Yeah, yeah,” She mumbles quietly. “William.”

“Most people just call me Will,” he replies with an odd smile. “Any sixes?”

“Go fish,” Abigail shakes her head. “I suppose you mean normal people.”

Will shrugs, picking a card. “I guess.”

Abigail makes a weird humming noise. “Fives?”

“I noticed you had an accent,” Will picks up awkwardly and hands her the fives she asked for. “Where are you from?”

“England.”

“So you’re the exchange student Adam’s been raving about this whole time.”

“Yep.” Her watch beeps again, and she sets her cards down. “Adam’s easily excited, I’ve noticed. But don’t worry, I’m nothing special.”

“I think you’re cool.”

“Because I’m English? Or I have a cool accent? Or both?”

“Both.”

“Well, then.”

Will quirks his lips, and copies Abigail’s motions. “I’m bored.”

“We’ve got another three-ish minutes.”

Will sighs, resting against the back wall.

“Do you like tea?”

“Do fish live in water?” Abigail replies, shuffling the cards and replacing them into a deck. She stands up, putting them on top of the many boxes she dug through minutes ago. Will watches her with a curious disposition, catching the way she stands on her tip toes to reach the boxes.

“Does everybody have a cool accent like you?”

She smiles, sitting down and smoothing the front of her shirt. “Yes.”

“So you like tea…?”

Abigail stares at him.

“How’d you meet Adam?”

“We’re playing Twenty Questions now instead of Go Fish?”

“Yes.” Will states firmly. “Now, Adam. Meeting. Go.”

“Well,” She begins, thinking, “He saw me the office, when they were handing me my schedule and things, so he came over and started touching my hair—“

“Sounds like him.”

“He said my hair was soft,” Abigail chuckles, “But then he called me short. And then he said I had nice eyes, but after that, he started asking me very weird questions and swore we were going to be ‘best friends’,” Abigail quotes, “So now he feels the need to drag me everywhere.”

“I’m sorry.”

Abigail waves her hand.

“He’s very sweet,” She hesitates, “Just sometimes….misguided.”

“You don’t have to lie,” Will smiles, “He’s crazy.”

She shrugs, a faint smile across her face. Will smiles at her again, and in a split second he crosses the room, hovering over her.

“William?” Abigail asks, as he rubs her cheek. “Are you—“

“I’m going to kiss you now.”

He looks at her lips for two milliseconds, before closing his eyes and kissing her, not too hard. He pulls back, looking at her strangely.

“Um—“

“That’s quite alright,” Abigail blushes, ducking her head. “That’s…fine.”

And just when Will thinks he’s got his super seduction skills under control, leaning in for another kiss, the door opens. And it’s Adam.

“Time’s up, William,” He says, not trying to hide the smirk adorning his face, because really. They’re so cute together. And at their wedding [which he’s going to be the best man at, no doubt], he’s going to go back and tell everybody of how he Abigail got together, and how it was his doing.

Yep. He might even throw in the part where Will was being a chicken at first, and wouldn’t play with them, and how he changed his mind after he got a glimpse of Abigail’s perfect-ness. He might have to work a bit on the last part, but all-in-all it would make for a really great speech.

“What?” Will frowns, “No, no. You—“ He pushes Adam towards the door, “—are going to outside. You locked us in a closet, so you’re going to learn your lesson, goddamn it.”

And with one final push, he slams the door behind Adam.

“I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME WILLIAM NOON!” He hears Adam bang dramatically from the other side. He doesn’t pay heed to it, instead just sitting by Abigail, who is thoroughly confused.

“So,” He wiggles his eyebrows, and placing an arm around her shoulders, “Where were we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE YOU ABIGAIL DEAREST.