Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Breathe

When I got home my mom was passed out on the floor drunk, my dad hasn’t been home in six months. He says he’s working but I know that he’s off with some chick he met, he also says he’ll be back but I know he won’t be. Just a few of the many reasons I didn’t want Cheryl coming over and why I stayed at her house so much. Her family had problems but they were stable, mine wasn’t.

I get my mom up the best I can with her standing at 5’9 and me t 5’3, instead of attempting to take her upstairs I set her on the couch and cover her up. She barely wakes up before crashing again. So, I go into the kitchen and begin making some soup, I’d take some to Cheryl tomorrow when we go to the park to hang out with Syd. I was chopping up some vegetables when there was a knock on the door. I turn the stove down and run to the door.

“Roger?” I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened the door and saw the tall, muscular, unique looking man in front of me. I almost blushed when I found myself staring at him.

“Hey Nicole, uh, can I come in?” He sounded so bashful, it totally blew me away. He’s never looked so innocent or acted so embarrassed.

“Yeah come on in.” I don’t let him in my living room where mom was sleeping, instead I direct him upstairs to my room.

“Are you sure your parents won’t mind?” I looked at him and he looks sad again.

“They won’t mind.” I answer from the kitchen where I was putting the food up and turning off the soup for the time being.

When I get upstairs Roger is looking around my room, specifically a picture of me and Cheryl that her mom took of us. She took it when was over at their house for Cheryl’s birthday, the same night I made out with Roger.

“You two are pretty close huh?” He asked but it sounded more like a statement.

“Yes, she’s my best friend.” I sit down on the bed and watch him as he paces the room, he was wearing blue jeans that looked amazing on him. I found myself checking him out a lot, he noticed it too.

“Checking me out eh,” He smirks, “nothing compared to the number of times I’ve checked you out.”

I blushed “Shut up!”

He laughs and sits beside me, “I’m sorry I’ve been ignoring you so much.”

I sigh “Why were you sad?”

He takes my small hand into his large one, he kisses it gently “I was sad because you couldn’t remember.”

He kisses my cheek then smiles “ Can I tell you something Nicole?”

I nod “Yeah, anything.”

“I think I’m falling in love with you.”