Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Good Vibrations.

Friday night...

I was waiting on my porch, for Syd to come over. My mom decided to prepare us a supper and then her and my father were going out on their own date. She knew that I needed some privacy, but she did have The Talk with me.

Finally, Syd appeared and he walked down my stretched driveway and came and gave me a kiss on the cheek. We walked into my house, hand in hand, just catching my parents doing last minute things before they left.

"Mom, Dad...this is Roger...Roger Barrett, although, he prefers to be called Syd." I presented him to my parents. He went over to my dad, shyly, and shook his hand. My father smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

I rolled my eyes as my mother took him into a hug.

"I had no idea you Canadians were such affectionate people!" Syd gasped, giggling to himself.
"It's from being in the cold so long, we love to hug." I joked, giggling with him.

Finally, my parents left and we were alone. My mother made us some poutine, a Canadian dish I wanted Syd to try.
He looked at it curiously, somewhat afraid, somewhat excited.

"What is it?" He asked.
"Fries, gravy and cheese." I explained, digging in like a famished wolf.
"Don't you mean, chips?"
"Oh yeah, forgot that you guys don't call them fries."

We finished our supper and then Syd and I sat on the couch, making out furiously. He had his hand up my shirt and I was fumbling with his belt. We were so close to going all the way, when...

Nicole and Roger burst through the door.

I screamed loudly, by the fact that I had no idea that they were coming over, and the fact that I had my hands in Syd's pants.

"Oh my god, get some Syddd!!" Nicole shouted. I smacked my forehead.

And that's how my lovely night got ruined.