Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Rainbow In The Dark

I tried going through the same routine I always did, I tried walking around and looking for an empty table knowing that if I sat down nobody would bother to sit with me. There were none though, it seemed like everyone had scattered more than usual. I looked around and the only place that looked like I would be in the least bit comfortable was with a girl around my age who was also sitting alone. I had heard some of the other kids talk about her, they said she was Canadian. I halfway wanted to sit next to her just to hear her talk. When I sat down next to her, she looked up at me in acknowledgement before returning to her book.

“So, you’re the Canadian?” I bit my tongue at my own rambunctiousness; my mother always told me it would get me in trouble. I hoped this wasn’t the moment; she stared at me blankly for a moment before nodding.

“Well, do you have a name or do you want me to call you the Canadian all the time?” There I go again, no wonder none of the kids liked me!

She smiles weakly, “I’m Cheryl, I’m assuming you have a name too?”

I smiled, I could already tell that I would get along with her very well.

“I’m Nicole!” Roger Waters, who I had arithmetic with and wanted to punch every time he came near me, sat down in front of me.

“I’m so happy we got the foreigners to sit together!” I leaned in close to him.

“You know Roggie for somebody with the nose the size of a soup can you’ve sure got a lot of gall!” he snarls.

“Shut up shortie,” He turns to Cheryl now, “You wanna know a secret?”

She shrugs, “Why not?”

He whispers something in her ear and her eyes widen and she looks at me shocked. Before I could ask Roger what he said he was gone. Cheryl didn’t tell me that day, but we did become friends.