Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

I Can't Explain

David smiled at me and pointed to Roger who was leaving with Cheryl and Syd, "He's broken hearted." He said with a smirk.

I shook my head, "Nah, Roger's a big baby. I've moved on and started dating you, and I got a job when he expected me to lay up in my dorm and cry over him for the next two years of my life. His ego has just been a little tainted. Give him two weeks and he'll turn back into a dweeb."

David laughs at my slurred words, I looked down at the table and noticed how many drinks I'd actually downed. I begin to giggle like crazy, "Good thing I don't have to go to work tomorrow."

I kiss him then I stand up and we stumble out the door. We attempted to walk down the street but we just ended up sitting against the wall, somebody actually handed me some money before going into the club. I kissed the guys hand and told him he was an angel. David kissed me and before I knew it we were making out, earning some awful looks from people.

Somebody threw something at us so we stopped and I started watching my surroundings. I laughed and watched as Cheryl came running down the street, I laughed and pointed at her.

"Look! It's Cheryl! Hi Cheryl!" She rolls her eyes at me before grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

"Where are we going?" I question, David staggers behind us.

"Roger's tripping acid and he's going crazy at your apartment. He threw a vase at your roommate." I laughed at that, she laughs too before continuing telling me all the awful things he was doing. She looks back at David and whispers in my ear that Roger was screaming at everybody looking for me.

"He's hanging out in your room and smelling your clothes until the big bad monster comes to get him. Then he fights them off with your perfume." She looks both amused and disgusted.

"He's a whiny bear."

She drags me upstairs to my apartment and Roger is on the kitchen floor with one of my skirts over his face and a bottle of perfume, "I'm not coming out of this fucking tent until Nicole gets here." My heart broke a little more when I realized that he thought we were back home in the feild where we all used to get high.

Syd was in the corner laughing at him, Louise was sitting on the counter with the most disgusted look on her face I'd ever seen. Her little nose was so scrunched up you could hardly tell she had one.

David pokes me in the side, "I told you so." He says pointing down at Roger.

Cheryl pokes Roger in the stomach and I wonder how she's already out of her trip, or maybe she wasn't. I couldn't tell at all, "Nicole is here Roger." She says.

"Tell her to join me in the tent." He commands, I laid down on my stomach and stuck my head under the skirt.

"I'm here." I smile, his eyes soften and he kisses my cheek.

"I'm so happy you're here. The worms are after us you know? If you're not careful they might get you."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."

His whole expression changes suddenly and he slaps me in the face, throwing me into sobriety. I shoot up to see everyone staring at us, I tried really hard not to cry.

"She had a worm on her face!" He screams as Cheryl punches him in the face, I ran out of the kitchen and locked the door. I looked in the mirror at the big red spot on my face, I laid down on my bed and told myself it didn't hurt that bad. It was a lie of course, it stung like fire.

Like he would say years later when we spoke breifly of the incidident, "LSD never did anything for me."