Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

God Save The Queen.

Roger turns to me, "You wanna know a secret?" I shrug and say "Why not?"

He leans in and whispers, "Nicole is a lesbian and is totally crushing on you." My eyes widen and I look at Nicole in shock. I don't believe Roger, but I kind of wonder if it's true. I mean, I've known him for a few months now, and he could be telling the truth, but I highly doubt it.

He leaves before Nicole can ask him what he told me and I avoid asking her the truth. Instead, I invite her over and we walk towards my house, which is a few blocks away from the park.

Inside, my mom's cooking lunch and my father, who can't be found, is most likely in his study. I let my mom know we're here and I introduce her to Nicole. She immediately beams at the thought of a new friend. She's tired of me hanging out with the boys in the neighborhood.

We head up to my room and she gasps at my room. It's very big for a thirteen year old, but my father is an accountant and my mother is a famous chef. She used to work in Paris before we moved to Cambridge, working in a five star restaurant.

Nicole sits down on my four-poster bed and looks up at all the posters of Elvis, Buddy Holly and Jerry Lee Lewis. The year is 1959 and rock n roll was just in the beginning. Pretty soon, all these posters would be replaced with The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jefferson Airplane and other psychedelic bands.

"Wow...your rooms huge compared to mine!" She's in total awe.
"Yeh...I don't like it. I'm not used to hugeness..." We both chuckle.

"So wait, are you older than me?" I ask her, considering she's in the same grade as Roger, who is 3 years older than Syd and I.
"Well, I'm 15, and you're 13 right? Do the math, kiddo."
"I'm almost 14!" I shout, hoping the day will come quicker.

Nicole and I sit in my room, talking and getting to know each other more. We learned that we went to the same school, that we both Syd was super cute and kind, and that Roger is a big git.

I was really starting to think that she would become my best friend for life.