Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

I Want You To Know

I ran into Cheryl's apartment building more excited and happy then I'd been in a long time as I clutched the paper in my hand. When I got to her door I knocked on it three times lightly and two times really hard that way she knew it was me, we had a certain code because sometimes random people would show up when Cheryl and Syd were getting high and well things would get crazy. If she knew it was me they could relax and enjoy their high.

When she answered I held up the paper that told me I could graduate in the Spring. She read it and we both squeal and she pulls me into the apartment, "This is so awesome! So the college is going to give you a job and everything?"

"Yes!"

We were both excited and started talking about the future. She talked about opening a restauraunt, which she's talked about since we were kids. She was going to do it, I knew she could do it. We were still discussing it when Roger, Syd, and Nick came in.

I don't know why but for some reason I had the overwhelming desire to give Roger a hug. So I jumped out of the chair and threw my arms around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist. It ws awkward because it was kind of a flashback to the way we were, he wrapped his long arms around me anyway though. I kissed him on the cheek and told him the good news, he almost fell so he ended up dropping me.

"Gee thanks!" I laugh, when I stand back up he hugs me again. He pulled me tightly against his body, it was strange. It was like he was scared to let me go, everyone watched the scene puzzled.

"Please don't suffocate my best friend." Cheryl says, trying to pry his arms out from around me but failed.

"Let's go, uh, celebrate!" Rick says, Roger was still squeezing me.

"I have to go tell David." With that said Roger let me go and takes off walking down the hall, but instead of looking angry he looked like he was crying.