Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Mr. Mojo Risin'.

I look at Nicole and she shrugs. I can tell she feels empathy for him, but neither of us have any idea what's wrong with him. Syd and Rick go keep him company and Nicole and I stay in the back, talking.

"You know, my friend Gabrielle is coming down from France tomorrow. I think she would be perfect for Rick." I said, looking at the man who is now my best friend.
"From what you've told me about her, I think so too. Hey, are you actually gonna open your own restaurant?"

I sigh and let my eyes flutter shut.

"I don't want anyone to know. I was thinking more of a cafe. Like the one we went to when we were in Canada. I want to bring many cultures together. English, French and Canadian. I think a lot of people around here would enjoy it." Nicole smiles as I tell her my dreams.

I have no idea if it would work, but I'm really hoping so.

We finally arrive at David and Nicole's, and she rushes in and gives him a great big kiss. Roger seems to have stopped crying...if he ever was. Rick and Syd seem to be content and I'm just kind of standing there out of place.

"Who wants to go to the pub?!" David shouts, wrapping his arms around Nicole.

We all cheer and decide to get ready.

I go into Nicole and David's room, while the guys all sit out in the living room, having some pre-drinks. Nicole and I decide what to wear.

Nicole decides on a cute polka-dot dress, and white ballet flats. I decide on a bohemian type skirt, a white button up top and some gladiator sandals. We finish our hair and make up in record time and go find our men in the living room.

Nicole looks a little worried for some reason. She seems uneasy and I wish I could read her mind right now. I wish I could tell her everything was going to be okay.

Syd wraps his arms around me, smiles and kisses my cheek. It was nice to not see him high as a kite. He wasn't even drinking.

I, on the other hand, wanted to get wasted tonight.

And I would, one way or another.