Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

For The First Time Today

We went to the back deck and I sat down Indian style on the ground while Cheryl and David sat in chairs in front of me. Cheryl handed out the mushrooms before eating her own, I watched David do his but I stared at mine for a couple minutes before finally took it. Immediately the colors of David and Cheryl's auroa's lit up before my eyes, David's was a neutral baby blue. Cheryl's was a bright, hyper red except when she looked at David, it would then turn a soft pink as if she were in love with him.

When David began to speak I could see his word form in smoky gray streams and float into the wind and kiss the sky, "I want to fly," he whispers. I wished for a moment that I could fly way up into the clouds and kiss the sky, but then I saw my own sky begin walking outside onto the deck. Roger was surrounded by a mixture of neutral baby blue, loving pink, and angry auburn color all mixed together in places forming light green and dark green, and a little bit of bright yellow. His greenish-blue eyes seemed so much bluer and his blue satin shirt seemed brighter.

"Nicole," He says sitting on his knees in front of me, "I need to talk to you." His face looked so soft and beautiful that I wanted to draw it and cherish the moment forever.

"What do you want to talk to me about? I can't even get up!" I reached out to grab a purple flower that was flying around his head but I ended up putting my hand on his cheek instead. I could hear David and Cheryl behind me, when I looked back they were on their knees kissing one another as if they were dying soon. It made me want to kiss Roger, and never stop.

"I just really need to talk to you about something!"

"Well I really need to catch that striped birdy over there so let's go!" I tried to crawl over the railing over the deck but Roger's long arms wrapped around my waist to stop me.

David and Cheryl were now groping each other like crazy.

Roger picked me up bridal style and carries me into the house, he sets me on the couch. His auora turning one perfect shade of deep violet in the dark, "Can I ask you something important?" He asked.

"Sure baby, anything in the world." I got down in front of him on my knees and wrap my arms around his waist. I begin to kiss his neck playfully, I think he may have momentarily forgot what he was going to say when my thumbs looped in his front belt loops.

"Please stop for a moment Nicole, please hold on." He tries to stop me from my sudden need to seduce him.

"Come on Roger, please? It'll be so beautiful with all of the colors." I whine, my index finger gently tracing the top button of his shirt.

"I just want to ask you something really important."

"Well get on with it man." He sets me back on the couch but still stays on his knees. He pulls a little black velvet box and opens it up, he looked like such a dweeb but he was my dweeb so I loved him.

"Please marry me please." He practically begged, I couldn't believe it. The light hit the ring and it sparkled, the different colors it produced bounced out at me like rabbits.

"Oh my God yes! Of course!" I fell back down on my knees and he slipped the ring on my finger. I kissed him as if time had stopped, my fingers twirled into his soft brown hair. He laid me down in front of the fireplace and we made love for the first time.

He was gentle and kissed me whenever I began to cry, when I felt like I was going to scream he knew and would place a finger over my lips, "Please don't." He would whisper. It was beautiful, everything I ever wanted it to be...Until Cheryl and David came in.