Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Cryin'.

I stayed in my room, all night. What a horrible birthday. Syd didn't come home that night and I was all alone. David, Nicole and Roger all left hours ago. I just didn't wanna come out of my room.

No one cares...I should have just left so many years ago. I should have never come back from France.

I sighed, leaning my head against the window and decided I should probably get up and do something. It was almost 3 am and Syd still hadn't come home, let alone called. I wondered and worried about him.

No matter what, I loved Syd with all my heart. No matter how much I wanted to be with David and how I loved him so.

As I waited on Syd, I decided to cook. I knew that no matter how pissed or sad or lonely I was, cooking could cheer me up. As I began taking out the ingredients for an omelet, the doorbell rang. I rushed to get it and was surprised to see David.

He grabbed me in his arms, kissed me passionately and brought me upstairs where we made passionate love.

I knew that he felt our connection too. I wasn't crazy. David loved me too, as he told me multiple times as he thrust deeply in me. The passion and the pleasure between us was heavenly. We came at the same time, holding each other close.

When we both were finished, and had caught our breath, David rolled over and cradled me in his strong arms, running his fingers through my hair. I felt so loved and protected.

"Syd never came home." I whispered, kissing David.
"Cheryl, Syd's tripping on acid. He...he told me to go fuck you. He told me that he didn't deserve you and wanted someone to take care of you...Cheryl, Syd...well, he isn't really himself anymore. Please, be with me."

"I couldn't be happier...Of course, David."