Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Now I'm Here

Roger held me close to his side as we walked around the club, he refused to let me stray farther then a couple inches away from him. He's been like this ever since we made love. Protective and almost a bit obsessive, it worried me a little bit. He called me in the middle of teaching a class, whenever I went to see Cheryl he came too, and when he figured out my dad had called it became worse.

"I don't know what to do, I'm afraid to say anything because he's so damn moody!" I told Cheryl, Dave, Nick, and Rick one day as we sat in Cheryl's house getting high. This was one of the rare moments when I managed to talk him into letting me go off somewhere alone, and that's only because I told him I was going to shop for a wedding dress.

"Maybe he's just scared that you'll get a little more, I don't know, curious now that you've had sex and that you might want to experience a little more before settling down." Cheryl says as she passes the joint to Nick.

I didn't take her explaination into consideration until Roger and I finally found a table. We sat down and I watched some people dance, they swayed back and forth. A man came up and asked me if he could buy me a drink, that's all he asked but Roger got super pissed. He stood up and punched him in the face, getting all three of us kicked out.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I screamed as we walked down the street back to our apartment.

"He was flirting with you!" Roger screams back as if it was just the worst thing in the world.

"So what?!?! Students flirt with me all the time on campus, what are going to do knock them out too?!?! Girls flirt with you constantly! Right in front of my God damned face but you don't see me attacking them!" I began walking faster and faster in hopes that he wouldn't keep up, but he long legs had no problem staying right in perfect harmony with each step I took.

"What the fuck?!?! So now I'm just supposed to let guys just fall all over you MY FIANCE?!?!"

"He was only asking to buy me a drink, and I fully intended to turn him down before you jumped over the table and broke his fucking nose!"

I stomped up the stairs, not caring about the neighbors, and went to digging in my purse for the keys. When I found them my hands were shaking so hard from the anger I felt that I couldn't even get the key into the keyhole so I shoved them at Roger and instructed him to unlock the door. When he got it open I pushed passed him and went straight to our bedroom and slammed the door.

I could hear him fall on the couch and mutter something under his breath. We had both learned by now that when we got this angry at one another it was better if we just left each other alone for a couple of hours.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number of the hotel my dad was staying at, it didn't take long for them to connect me to him, "Hey there baby girl. How are you doing?" My father's New York accent was thicker than it was when he left me and mom all those years ago. Hearing it made me miss New York even more than I ever thought I would.

"I'm okay dad, I just wanted someone to talk toI guess. How about you?"

He sighs, "I'm pretty good, just missing you I guess. The last time I called you hung up on me."

"I was in the middle of a class and hearing from you shocked me a bit." I pulled the gray kitten that Roger had gotten me for Christmas up onto my stomach. She began to pur immediately when I began petting her soft fur.

"I figured that it would come as quite a shock with me being gone so long." I could hear a woman in the background asking him who he was talking to, when he said that I was just a friend I hung up the phone again.

This time I called Cheryl and I spilled everything that happened tonight.