Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Pretending.

I was sitting in the forest, deciding whether or not to tell the guys about how much Syd was abusing LSD and how much his girlfriend would call me, telling me he had gone insane. I cared for Syd. No matter what, there was always a special spot for him in my heart.

I wish that David would finally make it officially between us and ask me to be his girlfriend. I wanted to be known as his girlfriend, and not just his friend. A lot of the girls he knew thought of me as just some tramp, or that we were just friends with benefits.

As I thought of that, I began to doubt his love for me. Besides, he barely even told me he loved me. I felt like crying. I mean, honestly, I can't believe Syd and I just totally called it off.

I felt so angry and so flustered, I needed to go scream in a pillow.

When I got back to my house, David had been there for hours, cooking us some supper and rolling joints. I was shocked at just how good David could cook and how careful he was with all the ingredients. Everything looked lovely.

The dining room was filled with candles and the lights dimmed low. I felt like I was in my restaurant, as the ambience in there was very much like it was at home right now. David pulled out a chair for me, pushed me in and served me.

The smell of mushrooms hit my nose. And not the regular kind. Magic ones. I looked at my soup and realized he had added a special ingredient. I stirred and stirred...wondering, what he had in plan.

After supper, we laid down on the living room floor on a huge quilt and giggled together. We both talked and laughed and kissed. I felt like we were on the same brain wave. I felt like he knew what I was thinking of.

"Cheryl, I love you. I want to be your boyfriend." He whispered in my ear.

I kissed him passionately, knowing that years from now, we'd be doing the same thing on this floor.

And that was...making love.