Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

I Saw Her Standing There

The sun peeped through the high trees as we stood in the field that morning. It was the same field behind my childhood home that harbored so many memories of Roger, Cheryl, Syd, and I finding ourselves. Getting high, sleeping in tents, and falling in love. Almost all of the good memories I had up to this point had been made here, this is where I wanted to make another one.

Cheryl came to my side and we stared at the green grass swaying in the wind, it looked like an ocean of green and yellow.

"Is this the spot?" She asked still looking at the grass, I couldn't talk so I just nodded.

I could hear Roger and my mom in the house talking while David sat on the porch with his guitar. I sat down in the grass and my mind slowly replayed the memories in my head while Cheryl walked around, her finger tips going over the grass softly. I knew that for her being back here brought back memories of Syd, I could only imagine how it must've hurt.

The morning breeze blew over me, goosebumps popped up on my arms and I crossed them over my chest.

"Hey Nicole, can I ask you a question?" Cheryl says, now making her way back towards me.

"Yeah sure." I looked up at her, squinting beneath the sun.

She sits down beside me and pulls her skirt down over he ankles, "Do you think David and I will ever get married too?"

I looked back at David sitting on the porch happily playing his guitar, "I don't see why not. I've got a question for you now."

"Okay, ask away! I'm an open book!"

I looked down at my feet, "Do you, erm," I sighed, "Do you think I'm making a mistake marrying Roger?"

She looked down at the ground, a sadness in her eyes and I wished I wouldn't have asked because deep inside I already knew the answer.