Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Love Is...

It was late in the night when it happened, the pain ripped through me like I was being split in two. Then the blood running down my leg, soaking the bed. I scream and everyone comes in the room, someone turns on the light and another scream came from Cheryl. Roger was quickly out of the bed and getting dressed while my mom instructed David to go start the car. I sat in my own blood screaming and crying, in so much pain that I had gone numb. I was still screaming when things turned black, I was sure I had died. As I watched my life flash before my eyes the images paused on her

January 12, 1962
Her light blue eyes lit up the night as we walked down the street hand-in-hand, we were both fifteen years old and neither of us had never been in love before. Although it was obvious to those around us that we were more than friends but for the sake of our parents we pretended as though they were wrong. But I loved Melanie, she was everything I'd ever wanted to be.

Feminine and meek, long curly red hair, and wide blue eyes. She thought and spoke as if everything in life were a Robert Frost poem, she lit everything up her pearly smile and moved through life with the grace of a dancer. She was beautiful and she loved me. She was too good for me.

"I wish we could get married one day Nicole." She says, leaning her head on my shoulder causing butterflies to flutter around in my stomach.

"I wish we could too, I never want to be with anyone else." We both blushed at our corniness, but it was true. The thought of being with anyone else was an insane thought for both of us, I felt perfect when we were together it was a feeling not even Roger would give me.

We came to the park and she ran across the grass and fell on her knees in front of the lake, "Look at the moon Nicole! Isn't it beautiful? It's smiling at us!"

I smile and sit beside her, she intertwines her fingers with mine and I lay down on my back. I stare up at the moon and the stars, all side by side, living in harmony.

"One day the stars will fall on top of us, and they will burn away all the hatred in this big old world." Melanie said this so sure that she was right that I couldn't help but agree with her.

We kissed lightly on the lips at first but soon our kisses became frantic, she wasn't as shy as me and she cupped my breast. Suddenly someone threw water on us, we looked up to see Roger smirking above us.

Two months later Melanie had to move away, devastated isn't strong enough of a word to describe how we both felt about it. But we couldn't change her parents' minds. It wasn't long until I met Cheryl and we became friends, I'd almost completely gotten over Melanie until I blacked out.

When I woke up I was in the hospital, my mother was standing over me with tears in her eyes. Everyone was crying, Cheryl had her head in her hands while David rubbed back, Roger wouldn't look up at me at all.

"Mom, what's going on?" I looked up at her desperately, she looked down at me with the same desperation.

Nicole, I'm not sure how to say this," She closes her eyes for a moment and put her finger over her mouth, "Sweet heart, you lost the baby."