Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Dreams In The Mist

We all laid in a circle in the middle of my field holding hands, I was in between Roger and Cheryl since Syd had insisted on lying next to Cheryl. This was the first time I’d ever done mushrooms and I think it was Cheryl’s too but I can’t be sure. It was such a beautiful experience; I could feel every heartbeat of everyone around me.

The silver moon laid above us full, large, and in my case it was blue. I wondered if everyone else saw the same color I did, I doubted it though because the colors kept changing. Especially when I looked at them, when I looked at Syd I saw light pink, when I looked at Cheryl I saw yellow like the sun, but when I looked at Roger I saw fiery red.

“Does anybody else see the butterfly?” Syd asked as he sits up and stares off towards the lake, he stands up and begins running around.

“What are you doing?” Roger asked him as he props up on his elbow, I was too busy giggling to notice it.

“I’m chasing the yellow butterfly! Chase it with m Cheryl!” Syd says with the most beautifully blissful smile on his face I think I’ve ever seen on him.

I looked up at Roger who was leaning over me and his hand was still intertwined with mine, I blushed but the moment was too blissful to end. I just let him lean over me and stare at me, but I looked across the field at the glowing, pale yellow flowers. I smiled weakly and I felt his lips against mine delicately against mine!

“ROGER! Why did you do that?” I sat up and this time I was the one leaning over him. He shrugs, “Because I felt like it.”

I blushed, if in any other state I would’ve punched him but in the fabulous state I was in I didn’t feel like fighting my feelings. We probably wouldn’t remember any of it in the morning anyway, so when he sits up and kisses me again I let him. I even let him put his hand up my shirt as our kisses became deeper, I enjoyed the feel of his calloused hands against my soft skin. When Syd and Cheryl came running back in our direction we separated, we pretended nothing happened. Syd and Cheryl fall on the grass and immediately start kissing. My way of pretending was giggling like crazy until we all turned in for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning in my tent bundled up in my sleeping bag, I think sometime during the night Cheryl must’ve come in and curled up beside me. I didn’t care, she was my best friend. I woke up just as the sun was beginning to rise, I couldn’t remember anything from the night before. I put my shoes on and put my sleeping bag on Cheryl who was barely fitting into hers because her mom had given her one that was only fit for a four year old to sleep in.

I crawled out of the tent and Roger was cussing at his matches as he tried to make a fire. I giggle and he shoots me an angry look, “You can’t start a fire on the wet ground genius.”

He rolls his eyes “You do it then!” He throws the matches at me stomps off. For some reason I feel compelled to follow him. I didn’t know why.

He turns around and looks at me angrily “Don’t you remember? Do you remember anything at all?”

I looked at him puzzled “No, not really. Do you?”

He sighs “Yeah, I remember everything.” He looked so sad, it made me feel sad too.

“I’m sorry I don’t remember what happened. Did it mean that much to you?”

He shrugs “Yeah, but it’s okay don’t worry about it. It never would’ve happened if not for the drugs.”

I looked down, at the ground before hugging him. Considering the major difference in our height it was more like he was hugging me. My face was buried in his chest and my arms were wrapped around his waist, he was so warm and he smelled like mint.

We heard Syd and Cheryl giggle behind us so we pull away and look to see that they were huddled close together. Cheryl kisses Syd on the cheek and he kisses her softly on the lips. It was really sweet, but it made me wonder what happened last night that everyone else seemed to remember except me.