Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Modern Love.

I was on my third drink, when I realized I needed to go out and get some fresh air. I let Nicole know where I was going, and then she kept talking to Rick. They were in some heavy discussion about guitars or something.

Nick was on the dance floor with someone he just met. They looked like they were getting along great!

Slipping outside, I shivered in the cold London air. Lighting up a joint, I leaned against the building and watched the world go buy. Not much was happening at this time of night and only a few people were walking. Some cars passed but never stopped.

One man passed by me real close. He had wild hair and a twisted smile. That's when it hit me...

...It was Syd!

My heart stopped. I felt sick. I almost stopped breathing.

"Cheryl?" his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"...Syd?"

We ran to hug each other. I hadn't seen Syd since he was kicked out of Pink Floyd last year. I felt kind of guilty. I had known about Syd's problem for a long time. I never told anyone before it got bad.

"How're you, love?" he asked, grabbing the joint from me and puffing on it.

"Never been better," That escaped my mouth with much pain.

Syd looked awful. He looked like he hadn't bathed in a while; his hair was a mess. He frowned as he heard those words. Kind of like he expected me to be a wreck without him. It's true, I was heartbroken when him and I actually broke up. Although it was on good terms, I loved Syd.

He was my one true love...