Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Encounters.

Cheryl and I found ourselves back in The Who's hotel room instead of at the festival. We all smoked pot and drank; basically we had ourselves a little party. It was pretty great, and everyone was relaxed. Pete had his arm around me, and we chatted about music. Cheryl and Roger were all over each other, and I found myself thinking that they would make a good couple.

Then, I remembered that back home Cheryl had David. Besides, Roger also had...Wait, who did he have? Did they have girlfriends? The thought made my heart pound. Were there girls waiting for them somewhere, and we're with their boyfriends? We were all cheaters! Did that make Cheryl and I groupies?

"Hey Pete," I say quietly.

"Yes, darling?"

"Do you guys have girlfriends?" As soon as the question escaped my lips the room fell silent. Roger and Cheryl stared at me for a few moments, and then Cheryl looked up at him and repeated my question.

"Well, uh, yeah." Pete finally answers.

"They're actually gonna be here later," Roger says. He almost sounds ashamed.

"I thought you wanted us to sit at the side of the stage and watch you play!" Cheryl says.

"We do!"

I sigh, "How are we gonna do that when you're girlfriends are here?"

Roger starts to say something, but was interrupted by a knock on the door. I heard Pete gulp, and I looked up at him.

"That's probably them," he says shyly.

"Do you want us to hide or something?" Cheryl says. At first I thought she was being sarcastic, but I realized that she was serious. She was in deep.

"No, we'll say that you're journalist doing a story on us." Pete says, and then he goes to answer the door.

When he opens the door, two women stand at the door. They looked to be about our ages. Actually one of them looked a little younger. They were both very pretty. Pete told them the whole journalist pitch, and they seemed to buy it.