Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Good Intentions

Cheryl’s mom wasn’t shocked when I showed up at their house one morning at 7:00, she was getting used to me being around all the time. She was really getting used to me coming in as late and early as I wanted to; she was shocked that I was so talkative towards her. The second she opened the door I went nuts, rambling on and on about Roger and how I think he hates me. I didn’t tell her about us making out or taking mushrooms but I told her that he always avoided me, and that he always looked sad whenever I came around.

“Okay, well I’ll tell you something Nicole. I’ve never liked that boy.” Her mother says while she poured some coffee, I was shocked that there was coffee. All I’ve had since coming to England was tea.

“Oh trust me, I never liked him either!” I laid my head down on the table, my heart felt heavy.

“If you don’t like him then why are you so upset?” She asked a matter-of-factly, it made sense.

I tried to answer her but honestly nothing came out, nothing came to me. I was so happy when Cheryl came downstairs, but her mom still waited for an answer. I shrugged my shoulders and Cheryl laughed at the fact that I had been down here talking to her mom.

“What’s up with you Nicole, you’re not still sad about Roger are?” She teases; I stick my tongue out at her and her mother leaves.

“Cheryl, it’s been almost three weeks and he still won’t talk to me at all! H just looks at me really sad all the time!” I lifted my head up off the table and sighed, I used to say that I wished Roger would leave me alone and stop teasing me. Now that he had I missed it completely.

“I’m so confused, one minute you don’t like him and the next minute you looooove him!” She teases again, I sighed.
“I do not looooove him,” I mock her; “I’m just going through a phase!” I conclude.

She snorts “Didn’t look like a phase! It looked like you two were eating each other’s faces.”

She sat down in front of me and we stare at each other for a long time, I didn’t even know what to say. It hurt me very bad that I couldn’t remember, I thought that maybe if I could remember then maybe Roger wouldn’t be so sad. I didn’t want him to be sad, it really hurt me. I didn’t even understand it; he didn’t care about me like that did he?

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you Nicole. Roger is very weird, maybe he’ll come around or maybe he won’t.” Cheryl says while she eats breakfast.

“I’m just being weird; he probably doesn’t even know why he’s sad.” She nods in agreement.

“Hey, what’s going on with you and Syd anyway?” I ask her, picking at my nails.

She beams “He’s taking me out on a date Friday night!”

I smile, “That’s awesome! Congratulations! Next stop, the wedding alters!”

She rolls her eyes “Don’t go there Nicole!”

“Okay I’ll let it go,” I smirk, “just make sure to send me an invitation!”