Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.11

“So tell me again, Grace, How many people were shot?” Max asked me for the last time, he promised.

“Three, two in the alleyway that were shooting at us and one in the plane that tried to shoot James,” I answered, again with a frown. “When can I go home, Corporal Meyer?”

“When we get this all sorted out, Grace,” Max gave me a gentle smile and patted my shoulder. Two hours later and we were granted permission to leave.

“You’re angry,” James said softly, half way home in the car the agency let us use. “With me.”

“I’m confused as hell,” I bit my lip and glanced his way. “A King and you work for the United States as a special forces chopper pilot? It’s too much, James.”

“I’m sorry,” James didn’t know what to say and honestly I didn’t know what I wanted to hear.

“It’ll be okay,” I whispered, curling up in my seat. I wanted to sleep the day away and forget I seen my husband kill three people. I felt James grab my hand but I pretended to be asleep and not feel him caressing it, I didn’t move a muscle. James came around and opened the door after we arrived home.

“I’m sorry if you hate me now, Grace but I can’t take it back,” he kissed my forehead and picked me up. I knew that he knew I wasn’t sleeping. Hell, he’d been trained to kill people and extremely complicated other things that I had no clue about. I’m sure he could tell that I was sleeping, but still I played possum. He put me in bed and thankfully left the room for me to sleep. I laid in bed thinking about everything that happened and didn’t sleep a wink.

For three whole hours, I did nothing but argue with myself and the only conclusion I came up with was that he was a Special Forces chopper pilot before I met him; I couldn’t and wouldn’t expect him to drop it now. It was a special thing, and a rare opportunity at that, he was specially picked, he was the best. I just, never wanted to see him kill anyone again if it could be helped. Although, he was extremely sexy with a gun.

I climbed out of bed and snuck down the staircase quietly, when I got to the bottom step I realized I didn’t know my way around the place. “Shit,” I muttered, deciding to walk the opposite way from where the reception took place. I passed two living rooms, a door that led outside into a rose garden, two dens full with books, a bathroom, a storage closet and a kitchen all before I found an office at the end of the west wing. I tried to open the doors but they wouldn’t budge.

“Yes?” James called out after the second frustrated pull of the door.

“Did you lock it or can I really not open this door?” I asked, annoyed with the old time lock and door.

“You have to push them both in at the same time,” James instructed. When I did, I walked in to find James behind a very large cherry wood desk with thick black glasses on his face as he read the documents laid out on the surface. “Took me awhile to get used to them too.”

“Doors shouldn’t require the intelligence of a genius to open them,” I grumbled, a little embarrassed.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked, genuinely concerned, at least his expression said he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
So far, I think this story is doing fairly well. Let me know what you think, throw in some suggestions and I might just use them.

Also, I'm going to add in a few people (Dukes, Duchesses, Queens and Kings from other countries) so if you want to be a character, inbox me with what you want to be with a picture of your character with a name and I'll gladly add you.

Thank you so much for reading.

Image