Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.16

It seemed like James was already annoyed with her the minute she walked in, I inched closer to the door and smiled when I realized that little Miss Priss didn't shut the doors that I hated so dearly, that they were still slightly ajar.

“Marguerite, I’m not going to have this conversation with you again. You might as well go ahead and leave, save yourself the breath,” James spoke harshly, his eyes set like stone, I'd honestly never heard him speak in such an uncaring way.

“James, I’ve waited on you to notice me for years and I’ve wanted you since I grew old enough to know what I want, I’m the person you should be with but you go and marry some little girl from America that you don’t even know?” Marguerite was hateful but quiet, scared almost to speak. “No, no James, I deserve you.”

“You deserve nothing,” he slammed his hand down on the desk, anger getting the best of him. My eyes widened, I’d never seen him that angry, though I never angered him. “Leave before you do something to really upset me, Marguerite.”

“I want you James and I know you’ve wanted me since I matured, I've seen the way you look at me. You want to touch me, to love me like you cannot that woman,” she stepped closer to him; I held my breath as she pushed herself against him. Unlike most women, who would run away crying dramatically, I watched to see his reaction before I jumped into action.

“I’m married to a woman I love, I do not want or need anything from you, Marguerite because I do not want or need you,” he told her sternly, using her elbows to push her back, he didn't let go but held her at a distance.

She must have not paid attention to anything he said or heard him at all because the next thing she did made me want to bash her head in. She pushed herself against him, her lips attacked his and her hands grabbed his hands and flattened them against her breasts. My eyes widened and I almost burst through the door to do some not so Queen like Bronx style whoop ass but James seemed way ahead of me, he pushed her away roughly and wiped his mouth in disgust. “Why do you hate me so?” she bellowed, covering her tears with her hands.

“You have until tonight to get your things and leave my home. You are not welcome anymore,” James stood cold in front of her, towering in all his masculinity. “I promised your father that I would take care of you, he was a good friend to me so I will not go back on my word. I will see that you have a home far away from here and have what you need to survive but you will never see me again, do you hear me? You disgust me, leave.”

She turned to run out of the room in hysterics and I quickly panicked, trying to hide so I wouldn’t get caught but I knew I didn’t have time to run down the hallway so I turned and acted as if I was coming to James’ office. “You!” she screamed when she seen me. I acted shocked, my eyebrows flew up at the accusation that I was me. “You ugly American pig, you took the man I love away from me! I hope you rot in hell when I get you back for this!”

“Okay, when I get there, I’ll save you a seat,” I told her, coldly with a grin. “Don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you, sweetheart,” I waved my vengeful goodbye as she walked away. I turned just in time for James to step beside me.

“Guards! Escort her out, now!” James screamed after her as he wrapped an arm around me. “Oh, Grace I’m so sorry, she-“

“You did well,” I smiled and patted his chest, approvingly. “It’s a good thing you didn’t kiss her back or I’d be kicking your ass along with hers.”

“Whoa,” Betty walked up with her hands up in the air, one held a cleaning cloth and the other had a bottle of polish. “Who pissed off the blond bitch because she’s tearing shit up out front, Colin had to take her outside before the guards could get even get to her.”

“What’s the point of guards if they don’t come when called?” James grumbled to himself, he gave me a kiss on the forehead and started off down the hallway, to make sure Colin wasn’t having to hard a time controlling the feisty little shit.

“You were so right,” I told Betty softly; she glanced down at me and tilted her head. “Marguerite was one of James’ friend’s kid, when her father died he took her in as a last wish of the guy. She grew up around him, fell in love and wanted him, she told him that before she laid one on him. Apparently I’m an ugly American pig that took him away from her and I’m going to rot in hell when she gets me back.”

“No she didn’t,” Betty stared at me for a minute before she handed me the wash cloth she had been holding and the polish and started to take her earrings out. “Hold these; I’m going to go kick this bitch’s ass.”

“Betty,” I laughed at her, grabbing her arm. “It’s taken care of. Thanks though, you know I love it when you get all protective of me.”

“Your my sister, no one is ever going to talk about you like that or disrespect you by trying to take your man!” she spoke loudly but she wasn’t yelling, she was getting angry and she was wanting someone to hear.

“Let’s go watch from the doorway,” I grabbed her hand and placed her earrings back in her palm. We walked hand in hand to the front door and leaned against the frame.

No matter what, I’d always have Betty to back me up, she’d been my best friend for so long that we told people we were sisters and I could trust her with anything because we needed each other. She had taught how to fight, I taught her how to play the piano, while I was learning ballet, she was dancing in clubs. We were completely different but we were still the same; unhappy with our lives and holding onto the life in each other desperately so we wouldn't fade away. I honestly don't know if I could have made it through without her.

“You okay?” I asked James who we found guarding the door with his hands on his hips, after I woke from my train of thought, he glanced over his shoulder and sighed softly as I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged his back.

“I hate to see it come to this,” he spoke softly, watching as Colin and three other guards escorted Marguerite to a jeep that would take her somewhere else. “She was a good kid, until she grew fascinated with me.”

“I don’t blame her,” I laid my head on his back and closed my eyes, listening to his breathing. "Your something I'm pretty fascinated with myself."

“Where’s Colin going?” Betty asked leaning forward into the door. “Is he the chaperone or something?”

“He’s making sure she has a nice cottage and money for everything she needs,” James looked at Betty as I turned my head to look at her also. “She’s hell on wheels but I don’t want her homeless and starving.”

“You’re a good man, James Beast,” she nodded her head slowly, approving his doings. “I wish you were around in New York when I needed you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is up to par for you guys, I'm trying really hard to make this a really good story and still give you want you want. So instead of one page chapters, I'm not making them two pages long and more detailed. Or at least I'm trying so bare with me, let me know if you like it.

Thank you so much for reading, a special thanks to

Bluecaty15

and

Stay.Young09

for commenting, keep on you guys! I'm trying to use your suggestions!

Image