Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.24

“We’re going out to eat,” I told him, simply as I watched James come down the stairs. He looked gorgeous, wearing suit pants and a blazer and a simple white shirt. His hair styled like he had just rolled out of bed. “Now is everyone ready?”

“Let’s go,” James held a hand out, smirked and gave me a playful wink. “My lady.”

“Oh, thank you kind sir,” I wiggled my eyebrows, laughing softly as we walked out to the cars that I had the guards drive up. James drove with Annette in the front seat while Betty, Dominick and I sat in the back. Colin drove the other car with Mikey, Red and Cooper in it with him. James drove to the restaurant I directed him to, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was half restaurant and half a pub. At least the boys could have a good time.

Mikey, Cooper, Red, Colin and Dominick took off for a beer while James led us ladies to the large table, secluded from everyone else in the restaurant section. “Go get a beer,” I gestured with my chin for James to follow the boys and have a good time.

“Are you sure?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I can handle myself as well as a drunk you,” I promised with a laugh, he leaned over and kissed my lips before walking through the whispering crowd, clueless to the watchful eyes, to join Colin’s side at the bar.

“Today has been a good day,” Betty leaned against me, closing her tired eyes for a moment. “I really like Dominick, he’s really sweet.”

“I know, he’s a good guy I think,” I agreed laying my head on her fluffy red hair, watching the boys talking and joking around with one another, even Dominick was talking to Red.

“You want anything to drink? I’m getting tipsy tonight,” Annette stated, flagging down a waitress with blond hair and blue eyes. She looked like a deer caught in headlights when she seen the former Queen waving at her to stop.

“Sweet tea if they have any,” I smiled a friendly greeting to the waitress when her eyes widened even more if possible when she spotted me.

“I’ll have a long island ice tea; Betty, anything for you child?” Annette used her hands dramatically when she spoke; it was entertaining to watch her graceful yet theatrical gestures.

“Second that Annie,” Betty pointed at Annette with wide, happy eyes, smiling at the fact that she could drink in Ireland.

“Make that two, double it for red over here,” Annette winked at Betty. I laughed loudly, it bubbled up from the thought that Betty was going to be wasted in less than half an hour.

“Oh this is going to be a long night,” I laughed to myself, a little nervous about being the only sober one.

Turns out Red didn’t drink but one Guinness, he felt bad that I was the only one not drinking so he sweetly started drinking coffee to help me out. By nine Annette was so tipsy she was giggling like a little girl at Betty, who was unbelievably drunk and all over Dominick. Colin was making drunken advances towards a pretty brunette in the corner, though I’m sure he would have noticed her Adam’s apple had he been sober and my spiteful side let him flirt aimlessly with the transsexual. Mikey and Cooper were playing pool with a group of rugby players, having a good ole time with the rowdy bunch. James was handling his liquor quite well, he was a quiet drunk.

“Are you having a good time?” I whispered, leaning over towards James as he watched Mikey and Cooper. “You can go over there if you want?”

“No, I was just watching. Cooper likes to cheat,” James shook his head and turned back to me, “Would you dance with me if a slow sing came on?” he asked softly, setting his beer down on the table.

“Yes but you know I’m a horrible slow dancer,” I gave him a doubtful look. “Plus I’m pregnant so it’s doubled.”

“You’ll do wonderful,” he grabbed my hand and helped me stand up, we walked to the center of the bar area where the dance floor was and James nodded to the bartender, the music changed suddenly to a very slow song by an unfamiliar artist. “Remember our wedding day, our first dance?”

“How could I forget, I was terrified,” I laughed and placed my hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat as he danced us around in a pattern slowly.

“You looked so beautiful to me, like a newborn deer afraid to take its first steps,” James smiled at the memory and it was breathtaking how gorgeous he looked, talking about me in such a way. I’d never felt so loved in my entire life. “All I’ve ever wanted was you. And now that I have you, I’ll never let anyone take you away, I’ll always protect you. You know that, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do,” I nodded looking into his pale, slightly glossy, blue eyes.

“I love you,” he touched my face gently and pressed a kiss to my lips, before I could reply, he whispered against my mouth. “Keep your eyes closed for me, please.”

I didn’t open my eyes from the soft kiss, thinking something along the lines of a romantic gesture but when I heard the explosive sound of a gunshot, I flinched and realized that’s not what he had in mind. He didn’t want me to see someone get shot. “James?”

“Don’t open those beautiful hazel eyes just yet,” James said quickly, I felt a hand grab hold of mine and I flinched away, scared that it wasn’t him. “Go with Mikey, Grace. He’ll take you somewhere safe.”

“Come on, Grace, let me get you out of here,” Mikey led me out, letting me when to step down or step up, finally he told me to open his eyes. “Okay, the Irish police will be here soon. You don’t know anything; you were dancing with James and didn’t see anything.”

“I didn’t, what just happened Mikey?” I whispered with tears in my eyes.

“Everyone is okay,” Mikey told me quickly, summing it up instead of really explaining what was happening.

“That’s not true, is it?” I asked, feeling the tears sliding down my face. Mikey frowned and wiped them away with his thumbs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry its been so long. I haven't had a computer and I really haven't had time to use my mothers. Please forgive me!