Status: just starting

Goodbye

Here we are! (Part One)

We moved to California the next day. By the time we landed, we all had a bad case of jetlag. The house we had rented was very spacious and had an ocean view. While my family unpacked, I snuck out the back door and ran for the beach. I watched the sun as it descended in the west. The gentle waves and fresh air was all new and gave me sense of comfort.

“Hey, you new here?” an unfamiliar voice asked. I jumped, thinking it might be a robber or something like that. When I saw the boy’s face, it was so familiar. Where have I seen him before? I thought for a moment before he introduced himself.

“I’m Jesse McCartney. I live next door to that house, the one that you moved into. It’s nice to meet you,” Jesse explained. I looked back at my temporary house. The lights were on as my family moved around inside.

I looked back and said to Jesse, “Yeah, I’m Kayla. It’s nice to meet you, Jesse.”

He smiled and I smiled back. We sat and watched the sunset together as we talked about why I came here. Whenever I laughed at one of his jokes, he would smile and laugh with me. The remaining light from the sun warmed our skin. His perfectly, messy dirty blonde hair reflected the orange light. His smile was as white as a new snow. Our skin was the same shade of tan. But my dark chocolate hair was the opposite of his blonde hair. The same with our eyes, he had grey streaked-teal eyes while I had hazelnut brown eyes. Our time together came to an end when I heard a voice screaming my name.

“Guess I have to go now. Thanks for the chat, Jesse,” I said as I stood up.

“No problem. Hey, can we hang out tomorrow, too?” He seemed embarrassed about it. He stuck his hands in his pockets and kicked the sand. I smiled at the gesture as I grabbed his arm. I ran back to my house with Jesse at my heels. I walked into the house and locked the door before Jesse could stop me. We laughed at each other through the glass. My cousin looked at Jesse and had a faint attack.

“Oh my gosh! Emily! Are you all right?”

Emily sat up, looked around, stood up, and saw Jesse on the other side of the glass door.

“OH MY GOSH!!! IS THAT JESSE MCCARTNEY!?!?!” Emily squealed as she fainted again but, this time, was taken to her room with Dad’s help.

“BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!” Jesse and I cracked up. My mom smiled as she walked over to us and let Jesse in. He walked into the kitchen and we both started laughing again. He introduced himself as my friend and smiled as he asked if he can show me around town the next day. Mom agreed with a laugh and said since Jesse was here, he might as well help me unpack.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFF HANGER!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH!!!
haha but yeah. onto part 2!