Status: just starting

Goodbye

Here we are! (Part 2)

We waved back at Mom as we ran up the stairs to my room. My room was as big as my parent’s. The walls were painted a soft blue and had clouds painted near where the walls met the ceiling. My bed was queen size with yellow, orange, and red patches on it. It had a canopy hanging over where my head should lay. I sat on my bed where my clothes waited to be unpacked.

“Wow, nice room you got here. Is this all you have?” Jesse asked; amazed at how I can fit so many clothes into only three medium sized suitcases.

“You try being me and see how you feel!” I replied while flinging a pillow at his face. He laughed, trying to throw it back, and I dove under my bed that could fit a person in a sleeping bag under it. He followed me and we just lay there, laughing and facing each other. Face to face, he had the smell of sea salt and ocean water. We stopped laughing, looked at each other and started talking about school and friends.

“Wow!!! I’m gonna love this summer stay in California! I’m glad I met you, Jesse.”

“What? You aren’t staying here for good?”

“Nope, but I wish we could! I could go to the beach every day, feel the warm weather most of the year, and I’d get to see you too.”

“Yeah, that’d be awesome. If only you could stay forever.”

“Yeah; so, where are we going tomorrow?”

“How about we visit the town and I could introduce you to my friends?”

“Sounds wicked!”

“I guess we should start putting your clothes away, huh?”

“Yeah, let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing really needed to be said.............