Sequel: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Status: Soon to be re-written!

Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts

just a kiss

Lewis holds me for a few more moments and I silently thank God for it. It's comforting to feel a big, strong man's arms and know that he will try his damnedest to make sure everything will be better. If you ask anybody, they'd tell you that I'm one of the most independent, I-don't-need-a-man type of girls but tonight I just don't care. Soon, the embrace comes to an end and he whispers, "I need to make a few calls and then I'll take you back home. We'll bring him back, Priscilla, I promise."

I nod as he breaks away from me, making his way to the edge of the bluff so he can talk on his phone in private. I calmly sit myself down on the wet grass and pull my knees up to my chest. Lewis is over there, making everything better for you, I think. Admit it, Priss. You like him. There's a part of me -maybe it's just my brain or maybe it's my heart- that finds that thought pretty accurate. Sure, there had been the time when he hit me and I'd bled a lot, but doesn't a temper just come with the werewolf territory? Even if that was just him being an ass, I can tell that he's treating me a lot different -a lot better- now that I'm sworn in.

Lewis comes back to me and helps me to my feet. I smile up at him expectantly. "Well, I've got Beau and Nicolette out on the job. They'll be going ahead to scout out the area. If we need too, we'll send another few of our trackers up there. Connor should be coming home soon, though."

"Lewis! Oh my God, thank you!" I say and I find myself wrapping my arms around his waist again, but this time the hug is much more different. Instead of rubbing his back, his fingertips slide up my back and arms until his right hand lifts my chin so my eyes are peering into his. My breath catches in my throat as he leans down and presses his lips against mine. They're hard, but welcoming. When we pull away, I speak. "Lewis..."

"I know," he says and looks down. I'm not sure he does, but I let him speak. "So many things are happening to you right now. There's a lot of pressure and you don't think you could handle a boyfriend right now," he pauses. "Am I close?"

"Spot on," I say with a small laugh. He smiles along with me. For the first time I notice how his smile really does compliment his eyes. Lewis is one gorgeous boy, one gorgeous, two natured boy.

"Here, let me take me home." He holds out his hand, waiting for mine. I grab his with big blush spread on my cheeks and I let him walk me home. The walk back was silent but we never let go of each other's hands, not until we reached my house. He whispered goodnight into my ear and kissed my cheek. Then, just like that, he was gone.

I think about it for a few moments and come to the conclusion that there is no possible way to get inside without being busted. Unless, I think devilishly. I dart over to the side of the house and without thinking about it, I run toward it and jump. I use every muscle I have and use every foot hold I can find, but eventually I climb right throw my open window. Just as Connor had done so many times in the past. It wasn't nearly as fast but I'm proud of myself.

I change and crawl into bed. The covers are warm around me but not as warm as Lewis had been. Reflecting on it now, I feel as if I shouldn't have let Lewis kiss me. It's obvious he's good looking and even if his arms around me felt great, I hardly even know him. That's odd isn't it? that you can know something so big about one person and nothing about them as a person? I ponder the kiss, replaying it a million times, and even though I feel like we shouldn't have, we did and it had felt great. I was just going to have to get to know him a little better.

With a smile on my lips, I fall asleep.

Image


The next day at school was possibly the best of the school year. Most of the two natured kids in Lewis's pack feel obligated to smile and wave at me. They even talk to me during classes. But, the best part is after I get my lunch and head over to my usual table. "Priscilla, over here!"

I stop and turn to find the voice. Over in the other corner is a large table where Lewis, Elijah, Felix, and some of the other two natured I met yesterday. It was Elijah who called my name and he smiles at me. He uses his hand to motion me over. Elijah moves over and I take a seat between him and Felix. Felix smiles happily at me, eating a bite of his lunch. "You okay?"

"Yeah, it'll be healed by the end of the week," he comments like it's nothing. For all I know they get in fights like this with other two natured all the time. Lewis clears his throat and our eyes meet. Our kiss flashes through my mind for what is now the millionth and first time and it's a struggle not to smile.

"So, Priscilla," Lewis speaks. "We have something to ask of you."

I furrow my brow. "What?"

"The pack is having one of our monthly bonfires. We have them the night before a full moon. It sort of makes us feel closer to nature and prepares us for the next night. Plus, it's nice to hang out with everybody," Lewis grins. "We want to know if you'd like to come."

"You actually want me to go?" The smile on my face is so big. I've never been invited to any party before, and I'm pretty sure this counts. If I can convince my mother, I could probably show up.

"The decision was unanimous. We all want you there." I grin. I actually feel super excited for this party and nothing could possibly make me feel down right now. Not Connor, not all the secrets of the world, not anything. Of course, what Felix says next does sort of disturb me, but even it doesn't bring me down.

"The Alpha requested your presence, you have to go," he whispers. "It's just how it works." I mull this over and shrug. I feel like going anyway.

"I'll be there."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's sloppily written, but I'm kind of satisfied with it.
Comment, subscribe?
I promise the next update will be so much better!
Don't be a silent reader!~