Sequel: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Status: Soon to be re-written!

Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts

it's a date

The next morning, I find myself in a state of shock by the lack of two natured at school. Lewis and most of his followers are nowhere to be seen, though I did see a few. I suspect it has everything to do with tonight being the full moon. If my memory serves me correctly, this was not uncommon for these people and now it all makes sense to me. There are only two werewolves I'm worried about, though, and that's Nicolette and Beau. Lewis had sent the twins to Phoenix to search for my friend. When they came back, I'd have to thank them.

At lunch, which is the only time I see Felix during the day, I make my way over to the same table as yesterday. Is it still okay to eat there, even if I wasn't invited this time? Or does one invite grant me access to the table until my invitation is rescinded? Eventually I decide that it's just silly to put so much thought into a table and just take a seat. Felix looks up at me briefly, his hands scratching hard at his neck. His usually curly hair seemed a lot more messy than usual and he'd missed a few buttons on his button up. His nose was pointed more down than usual, but what scared me were his eyes. They look so much bigger, and the brown in his eyes was more of a mixture between brown and gold. They are the eyes of an animal, and a dangerous one at that.

"Most people are to fidgety on the day of the full moon. Sometimes, small parts of their bodies shift and they can't control it, so they stay home," Felix explains. I nod and watch as he keeps itching. "I'm one of those people, but since I can't shift tonight, my mother thought I should just go to school."

"Your mom knows?" I ask, completely astonished. Isn't it against their rules to tell anyone else?

"Of course she does. I'm not bitten, so I'm a pure-blood," he takes a break from scratching his neck to beam confidently at me. "That means either one or both of my parents are two natured. My mother's a werewolf. My father was too, but he died two years ago." My heart instantly becomes sympathetic. I had lost my father four years ago. He'd gotten in a crash one rainy morning on his commute to work. It's devastating to lose a loved one.

"Oh," I say, trying to be sensitive to the subject. I just decide to change it back to why all the two natured are gone. "You guys can't just miss this much school, can you? Like the French twins, does anyone know where they are? You can only have so many sick days before you get in trouble."

"Of course, their host parents know where they are. When we get foreigners who happen to be like us, we set them up with a two natured host. Just like with our parents, they know we have pack duties that require us to run all over the country sometimes. Our parents did it, still do, and so do we" I let this sink in and take a bite of my hamburger. Felix's jaw practically drops at the sight of the beef. I notice that his incisors have been extended slightly, though you would have been oblivious to it if you hadn't known what he is. I look down at his tray. He'd already finished his food but the wolf part of him was still hungry. I hand it over to him. He looks at me gratefully as he takes a bite.

"Okay, but you still can't miss a lot of school." He nods and answers me after he swallows his bite of hamburger.

"We have ways around it. Most two natured adults join a pack in the bigger cities, but they try to get jobs where they can protect us. Like there are two natured in the school board and even some of the office aides. They just over look our absences, but do put a few down on record," he smiles. "The same goes for police."

"Police? You guys just get away if crimes?" Now, this is something that just doesn't sit well with me. Just because they have an ability that most of us humans don't, that doesn't mean they should get a free ride. Before I can continue my mental rant, Felix proves me wrong.

"Well, no. We still get punished for crimes and stuff. But, say I was fighting a werefox in wolf form. Let's say I kill him. The police will cover it up. For one, they have no evidence that a human did it. Two, in animal form, our actions are not always our own. And finally, if anyone were to find out that we did it, we'd all be put in zoos. It's sad, but that's how society works."

I sigh. So they don't get a free ride with the legal system, but the idea that they get away with murder is not something I like very much. Then again, if you think about it, it's not really murder. It happens all the time with real animals and I know by experience that an animals need to kill can be something that's hard to ignore. I even consider telling Felix about the impulse I was feeling last night, but I ignore it. Oddly, it was him who changes the subject. "So, do you wanna go see a movie tonight?"

"What?"

"You said you'd do something with me tonight, because I can't Change? I thought I could take you out to a movie or something." I nod shyly. I had completely forgotten.

"I'll have to ask my mom, but I think she'll say yes." He grins at me and I find myself grinning back. Maybe I do like him, I think to myself and boy, am I right! What isn't there to like about him? He has a gorgeous body and smile, his curly hair is cute, his eyes are so warm and welcoming. The only ugly part about him is the fact that he doesn't always stand on two legs- and even that doesn't bother me very much. Lewis has the same qualities, and I like him, but it's the difference in their personalities that make them so interesting. Lewis has that air of leadership and power to him and he's cocky as hell. Felix is shy, brave, and very sweet. He had come to my rescue when Lewis had hit me, which put my interest for him in a whole different perspective.

"Yeah, let's hope."

Image


Fortunately my mother agreed to let me go with Felix to the movies. He had came and got me in his truck, rather than his mother's soccer van. On the way there, I felt it was necessary to ask about his mother and it turns out that she really is one of those scientist that are working on new healing methods. She's also a doctor who works specifically with two natured, but this medication thing keeps her plenty occupied. When we get there, Felix gets out and opens my door like a gentleman. I blush and let him help me out of the truck and into the movie theater lobby.

Even with much arguing about it, Felix pays for both tickets and the popcorn. I'm usually Little Miss Independent, but I'm enjoying the attention tonight. Felix is such a gentleman through the whole movie, leaning over and whispering funny things that should have been said in the movie or things about the actors. His words put a smile on my face and I actually am having a great time. A couple times during the movie, I notice he scratches his ears a lot and at one point, I thought I might have seen his hand grow fur, but it only lasted for minute or so before reverting back to normal.

About halfway through the film, Felix reaches for my hand and takes it in his own. he laces his long, thick fingers with my skinny ones and oddly enough it's a perfect fit. I don't look at him, I just pretend to bite my nails but I know he's watching me. When he senses that I really am okay with him holding my hand, his vision returns to the movie. And that's how the rest of the movie went; him holding my hand, him and I making funny remarks, and once, he told me I looked very pretty tonight. When the credits start to roll, we get up and he leads me to the lobby- never once letting go of my hand.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" He asks as we stand there in the middle of the lobby. Everyone was piling out of the doors and trying to get out of the parking lot. It's just easiest to wait until they get out of the way and onto the road before we leave. I nod fast and he take my other hand. He laces our fingers there too and pulls our hands up to his chest like they do in every cliche romance movie. Cliche is cute on him, though.

Not sure where the confidence comes from, but I find myself asking him, "Felix, how bad do you want to kiss my right now?" He just peers into my eyes, his still golden brown like his wolf counterpart. He licks his lips, but in an attempt to wet them. He doesn't have to try to be sexy.

"So, so bad," he says as he starts pushing my chin up so I can meet his lips. We're about two inches apart, our breathe heavy on each other's lips. There is nothing more that I want to do than just lean forward and kiss him until the room starts to spin, but it's he who backs away. His eyes look a little sad, but it's me who is obviously offended. Am I not good enough to kiss? "Leave us something for next time," he says in an attempt to save himself. I only half buy the excuse.

I take a look outside and see that most of tonight's patrons are almost gone. I start heading toward the doors when Felix's phone rings. I stop and turn to face him as he pulls it out of his pocket. "It's Lewis," he assures me and opens it. There's a pause as Lewis explains something. "What do you mean?" Another pause. "We'll be there in twenty minutes, just hold on."

"What was that about?" I ask worriedly, but Felix just shakes his head.

"Lewis just said it's urgent and meet him at Jordan's. The whole pack is there, from what I can tell. He has demanded your presence," Felix's volume drops as he speaks the last sentence. I nod, and just like that, we rush to the truck and we're on the road again. There are only two things on my mind as we speed down the highway. What could Lewis possibly find so urgent? The second is, Why in the world Felix admit he wants to kiss me, but then not? Am I not pretty enough? I sigh and watch out the passenger window, just trying the pass the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, but this was kind of an explanation chapter and it kind of was highlighting that she will have a romance with Felix.
Please comment and subscriber, tell all your friend about it. Please?
I'd appreciate it!
By the way, so far this story has 6 stars! Let's keep it up!