Sequel: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Status: Soon to be re-written!

Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts

Aunt Charlotte

In the dream, I'm laying exactly where I'd fallen asleep. For a brief moment I draw the air into my lungs and just enjoy the nature that's all around. I smile to myself and wonder if this happiness I'm feeling now -this carefree, wondrous feeling- is the equivalent to getting high. I blink several times and stand, amazed at how intensely the sunlight shines through the trees. The light is warm on my skin and it tingles a little. I laugh softly to myself and spin myself in a circle. That's when I realized I'm not in my bra and underwear but rather a white nightgown with a lacy collar and beautifully decorated hem.

There's a noise coming from the trees but it doesn't even alarm me. "Hello?" I call, hoping to get a response. No one answers, but six or so wolves break from the trees and dash into the clearing. They're bigger than any wolf I've ever seen before, in fact. I had noticed two natured wolves to be much bigger than regular wolves, but these ones surpassed my height and a little more than that. They all cock their heads at me and close their eyes. I smile and walk over to one with a pretty reddish and white fur coat, amber eyes, and strong, muscular paws. The wolf, a female -they all are, I notice- sort of bows her head and I stroke it longingly.

"Choose wisely," Felix had warned her. Could this be what he meant? Am I supposed to chose a wolf? The one I'm meant to become in only a matter of time? Or could it be possible that this is a pain induced dream and I'm dying? I prefer to believe the first option over the second, so I keep stroking her fur. "You're very beautiful," I whisper to her and she whines in response. "Very beautiful."

I slowly drop my hand and wander over to the next wolf. She's much bigger than the rest with strong legs, a strong jaw, and dagger like teeth. Her coat is the color of snow but is speckled with flecks of black. Her eyes are a soft green but they hold so much danger in them that I'm scared to touch her. She eventually does bow her head and my fingers rest shakily upon her snout before I start to pet her. "You're beautiful as well," I coo and she seems to like the compliment. I make my way to the next wolf, possibly the smallest of them all, but her legs seem very agile and quick. She has a pure white coat and curious green eyes. She bows her head to me as soon as I raise my hand and I scratch her ears.

"How am I supposed to chose just one of you?" I ask them with a giggle. "You're all such amazing creatures!" My eyes drift over to the other three wolves, each as beautiful as the three before them. One, with smoke like fur and knowing silver eyes, another with caramel fur and dark colored paws. The last has a large body, but not yet as big as the the one I'd pet before. Her coat is the color of midnight and she has empty, soulless blue eyes. She stares me down but doesn't snarl. I take that as a good sign.

We don't expect you to choose just yet, projects the white wolf. I resist the urge to feel alarmed. It is a dream after all. I turn my eyes to her and she bows her head again.

"Then when?"

Just come with us, she projects and they all start to move away from the clearing and into the forest. They take big bounds, putting themselves so much farther ahead of me now. I start racing into the forest, dodging trees here and there, and I'd laugh in excitement every once in awhile. Soon, the wolves and I caught up to each other at the edge of a cliff. They sit down and lower their heads once again.

"What's going on?" I ask sweetly.

Ride one of us, instructed the reddish colored wolf. I nod and make my way toward her, running my hand across the backs of the other wolves along the way. I look in her eyes for any doubt and when she gives a quick nod, I grip her fur and climb up onto her back, wrapping my arms around her thick neck. You ready?

"As ready as I'll ever be," I whisper into her neck. Just like that, she leaps off of the cliff and our descent starts. The wind pushes up against me, threatening to push me off of my companion but I don't let go. She lets out a loud howl but I'm almost positive it's out of excitement. Her paws land roughly on the ground and suddenly, she takes off, dodging trees and jumping high in the air every now and again. I find myself laughing loudly into her neck.

Soon, she slows down and eventually stops as the other wolves come up beside her. She jerks her head as if to signal to me to find another ride. I steady myself and stand on her back, scanning for which wolf to ride next- the white one. I barely have time to wrap my arms around her neck before she's off and running. I take in a long breath, the fresh air feeling like heaven on my lungs. Then, after awhile, I switch to another wolf and we do that for what seems like hours. Each wolf is definitely trying to show me their strongest attributes and I applaud them for it. But, as the last wolf starts to lay down and I climb on, the black one howls as loud as it can.

"What? What's going on?!" I call to them. Each wolf is now howling as loud as they can.

Your friends are in trouble! You must wake up now! You must choose, the reddish wolf projects hurriedly. I spin around and rush toward it, clinging to it's neck. I feel my lips press against the slightly damps fur and I start crying a little, though I'm not sure why. My friends are in trouble? What could that possibly imply? Which friends? There is a lot racing through my clouded mind, but I do know my decision and what I must do.

"Take me home," I whimpered.


Image


"Priss," Lewis whispers. "Priscilla, please."

My eyes flutter open and meet his gorgeous blue ones. They seem more vibrant than ever, as does his hair. Hell, his clothes even seem brighter. I breathe in and I can smell almost everyone here, Lewis stronger than anyone, but it's a scary feeling. Off to the side of me, I can hear one of the pack, in wolf form, crawling along the ground. My senses have been further heightened, I realize. As scared as I want to be of this, there's something bigger on my mind. Your friends arena trouble, it had said.

"We have to get out of here!" I exclaim and let Lewis help me to my feet. The bites on my body have completely healed and my skin even looks healthier than before. Lewis hands me my clothes from before and I shakily slide on my pants as quick as I can.

"What? Why?" Lewis demands. I slip my shirt on and that's when I hear it. Running, from all directions. I take a very quick sniff to identify the animal coming near us. Foxes. And not just any foxes- the werefoxes from Bakerson.

"The wolf warned me," I whisper but by now, he and the rest of the pack have detected the wolves as well. Many of those still in human form immediately start to shift. Will I have to shift? I ask myself. Elijah had promised that my first shift will come on the next full moon and if it can be avoided, should not force myself to change yet.

"Felix! Elijah!" Lewis calls and they rush to his side. "They'll be upon us soon. We don't have any time to waste. She needs to get to Phoenix. It's not safe here anymore!"

"Now?" Felix and I ask in unison.

"Yes, now! Elijah, Felix, take her home. Get her something and then leave for Phoenix immediately. Do whatever it takes to convince her mother," His face is filled with surprise and anger. This isn't what is supposed to happen.

"What about training?" Elijah asks.

"You'll take care of it on the way," He says and looks me in the eyes, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Why can't I stay and fight?" I whimper. I'm totally unprepared but this is part of being one of them- fighting to protect your pack. I'll do anything it takes to keep them alive.

"These are very dangerous creatures, Priscilla! They'll kill a newly turned in an instant. Please, just do as I ask, and," he stops and just pushes his lips against mine. He's fierce about it, passionate and sexy. "I'll be here when you get back."

Now the yipping of the werefoxes can be heard and Lewis has already began his transformation. Elijah tugs on my shoulder. Still stunned from the kiss, I start to run and Felix catches up with us a moment later. We obviously can't run the direction we walked here, but within three minutes or so, we find our way back into Jordan's backyard.

"My truck's just over there," Elijah points to the driveway and we run toward it. Once we're all in, he turns the key and we're off, speeding toward my own home. No one says a word but I can feel what they're feeling. Elijah feels remorse and guilt at having to turn me into a monster, but he also feels afraid for me. Felix, on the other hand, feels anger and pain. He doesn't want me this way. He wants me to stay human, to have the choice he didn't.

Well too fucking bad.

Elijah pulls into my driveway and I suddenly remember that I wasn't even supposed to come back home tonight. The two boys get out of the truck and I follow them. Just as we climb up the porch steps I notice the other car parked in my yard, right next to my mom's. Even in the growing darkness, my heightened sense of sight allows me to make out a light blue color and I realize who it is.

I open the door and the boys follow me into my home. Just as I assumed, my mother and a very familiar woman sat on our couch. She hadn't been in this home since my father had died, but I had gone to lunch with her several times before. Oddly enough, I haven't seen her since June or so. She has long, dirty brown hair and deep brown eyes and even tanned skin. There's something in her that I can feel. The same way I can feel it in Felix and in Lewis and in Elijah. It's something I can't feel in my mother. This woman is two natured.

She's also my Aunt Charlotte. My mother tenses as she eyes me and the boys. She swallows slowly and says weakly, "I think we need to talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update guys, but good news: 10 stars!
Also, I plan on making a journal dedicated to this story which will have pictures I think relate to the story and will have a playlist! :D
One final thing, if you're one of my fans, I'd love it if you could take a look at my new story, The Immortal Moment.