Sequel: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Status: Soon to be re-written!

Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts

bonding time

I was very surprised to find that we weren't driving to Phoenix. Felix said that would take about two days and that was just time we really didn't have to waste. Instead, Elijah drove us to the nearest airport -about 3 hours away in Des Moines- and now here we are, waiting in the lobby of the airport. Elijah and Felix sit on either side of me, both leaning forward and breathing deep. Either it's a wolf thing or they're afraid of heights, well 30,000 feet high anyway, and I'm inclined to believe that it's the latter.

"So there are two natured who work as pilots?" I ask. Felix had mentioned that they usually got jobs where they could help other two natured but I never would have expected pilots to be on that last. Seriously, how often did they need to fly?

"Yeah. We'd run there, but since you haven't even Changed yet, it would be impossible for you to keep up with us, even with your new speed," I look at Elijah as he answers, trying to tell him that that wasn't my question. He nods. "They work as pilots in case we need to go over seas or need to conduct important business. That or they just want to be pilots."

Suddenly, one of the airport staff members walks over to us. She's tall with blond hair, a lazy smile, and green eyes. Her name tag reads Penny but for some reason, I feel if that's really not her name. There's something in her that feels different than human, but not quite two natured. She's sworn in, Felix projects to me. I try not to scream at his voice in my head but it's definitely something that will take awhile to get used too. "May I help you?" She asks with big, skeptical eyes.

"We need to get the flight that Mr. Perce is flying tonight. I believe it lands in-"

"Phoenix. I can see what I can do," Penny smiles a big, phony smile but leaves us anyway to find out our information.

"Do we just ride for free then?" I ask.

"Well, right now, yes. We have sort of a credit system. They'll charge Lewis for the tickets in about a week or so. He already cleared it with me, he called earlier in the truck," Elijah explains. Lewis must have called when I'd fallen asleep on the ride here. It was late and it was only defense against crying. My mother's revelations had really hurt me inside and even if I want to ignore them for now, they're still there. They still hurt.

I lay my head back against the chair and sigh. It's crazy to think about, but I don't really feel different after being turned. Sure, I could feel whoever was two natured, feel nothing from humans, and have heightened senses- but other than that, I feel incredibly human. Am I supposed to feel different, feel like an animal? Maybe the whole point is to keep your humanity... But even with that in mind, I still feel as if I should feel different.

A moment later, Penny returns and says that there is room for us on Captain Perce's flight to Phoenix. My eyes light up at the news and I raise my lips into a grateful grin. Elijah and Felix help me to my feet and we head outdoors and onto the plane, Felix carrying our bags. I'd been on an airplane before, so it isn't a huge deal for me, but as soon as we board I can feel the boys tense up a little. Felix stows our bags in our overhead cubby and then we all sit down- Elijah by the window, Felix in the middle, and then me in the aisle seat. Elijah, almost instantly, takes out his iPod, cranks the volume and closes his eyes. I don't blame him. Whatever could help him relax was a step in the right direction.

"I've never been on a plane," Felix whispers, almost to himself. I would tell him that he didn't have to come, but I know he had too. Lewis had ordered him to do so.

"You could have ran there, meet us," I say calmly. We would have been there first, however. A flight from Iowa to Arizona would be around two or hours or a little more. A werewolf running across the country, however, would take a little over six hours.

"I couldn't have," he says.

"Why not?"

"I want to know that your safe, Priscilla. I want to protect you."

I smile slightly to myself. Felix could be so cute sometimes -like now- and it hurt to know that I've picked Lewis over him. Felix's eyes wander from my face to his own feet and they rest there for a moment. He's created the awkward moment, but neither of us really know how to break it. After a moment, he does try and break the ice.

"I'm sorry for what happened. Back at your house I mean."

"Don't be," I whisper, trying to deflect the subject. My plan had been to ignore what I'm feeling about it and focus on the bigger picture- Connor. Felix is destroying this plan. Even if I try to push the subject away, he's the type of person to bring it up again. He's just trying to offer his sympathies but it's to much to handle.

"I am. I know you've been through a lot and you didn't deserve to find out that way."

"What way should I have found out, huh? Is there really a correct time and place to tell your child that your father's side of the family can, you know, turn into animals?"

"No, but they could have taken a better approach to it," he answers. Suddenly, something comes to my mind and I'm really not sure why I haven't asked it before.

"How did you find out?"

"That was a scary day," he laughs. "I was twelve then, so that makes it what? Four years ago?"

"Yeah. But I didn't ask when! I asked how." I smile at him and he reclines his seat a little. He thinks for a second, though I know he knows exactly how he found out. I know I'll remember him shifting in front of me for the rest of my life.

"Well, my mother came into my room at about seven that night and said we needed to talk. I was so scared because just the previous week I'd learned how to, uh," he laughs at himself before continuing, "Satisfy myself, if you get what I mean. I though maybe she'd found out and wanted to talk about it. Instead, she told me about two natured- even morphed right in front of me."

"Did you scream?" If a twelve year old me had seen my mother do such a thing, I would have screamed at the top of my lungs and alerted everyone in the neighborhood. Surprisingly, yet sort of expectedly, Felix shakes his head.

"I cried that night though. I was so scared of what would happen to me soon. In fact, three months later, I did shift. Luckily my parents both helped me through it. I thank God for that, really." I smile and I sort of lean against him. I glance over at Elijah, who I'm not even sure is awake any more before I realize that the plane has already taken off. A flight attendant comes by and offers us some peanuts and I gladly except them.

"I may not have my parents to help me," I say once the flight attendant leaves, "But I have you and the whole pack."

"We'll make sure it's a comfortable transition for you," he promises. I nod slightly and rest my head on his shoulder. He looks down at me, big caramel eyes shining. "You tired?"

"Yeah, it's been a long day," I remark and it was truth. This afternoon, I had been turned, then I find out that my whole upbringing has been a lie -maybe not the whole upbringing, I'm exaggerating a little- and now here I am, two or three in the morning and on my way to find my best friend.

"Sleep, Priss," he says and I do. I fall asleep right there, head on his strong, muscular shoulder. I breathe in his scent and he smells oddly of cilantro, but I like it. I sleep for most of the remainder of the flight but as the first rays of sunlight illuminate the plane I wake up. Felix doesn't say anything and neither does Elijah. I don't care what they have to say either because at that moment, my adrenaline kicks in and so does my excitement. It's not because I'd just had a very meaningful conversation with Felix before sleeping and it isn't seeing him as soon as I wake up. In fact, it has nothing to do with the werewolves sitting next to me. It's the Captain and his announcement.

"Ladies and gentleman, prepare yourselves. We're beginning our descent into Phoenix, Arizona."
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Who's all Team Felix? xD I know I am, but, the plot wants what the plot wants.
Comments and Subscriptions are very much loved! Also, I have 10 stars on this now, but lets just keep these numbers up!
Also, a thank you to my dedicated mibba fans, Dying Rose and Wolfgang Amadeus.
A special thankyou to my dedicated fans whom I actually know personally, Breanna, Blake, and Chris<3
Also, it'd be awesome if you could check this story out :D