Sequel: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Status: Soon to be re-written!

Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts

two natured

While I had shoved it to the back of my head for the time being, the four text messages still plague my brain. I see each simple word every single time I close my eyes and my worry for Connor just swells up inside me each time. I've pushed my worry away through the weekend and the last two school days, but it's becoming harder. Saturday is technically the day he promised he'd be back- this Saturday. Just a few more days, and you can tell them. Maybe they can find him for you, I think to myself reassuringly.

I grab my sack lunch, something I only do on Wednesdays, and unload it's contents. The table I sit at is in the back of the cafeteria and the other seats are empty. No one wants to sit by the girl who's being followed. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one has even spoken to me by their own free will this week. I've been out-casted, though this only slightly bothers me. My whole high school life, the only friend I really had was Connor.

So, it's a total surprise when Felix saunters over to my table and takes a seat next to mine. At first, I feel really happy. The kid had saved me from a very dangerous situation. He gave me some gunk to heal my bruise, which is already gone now. Then, I feel a little confused. Lewis and his gang had stopped stalking me for the last two days... Did something go wrong with our agreement? I lean over, whispering under my breath, "I thought we agreed you'd leave me alone."

"We did, but I have news from Lewis," He says. It's not a whisper, but it's not his normal level of speaking either.

"What is it?"

"He has done as you have said, we're leaving you alone," Felix says slowly, as if he's trying to chose his words carefully. I keep my eyes on my tray, trying not to look at him. I'm not really sure why I'm avoiding seeing him, but I do it anyway. "As for the exchange of information about what we are, we want whatever you can tell us about Connor's whereabouts."

"I was pretty sure that was the deal," I mutter, kind of getting frustrated. He's just relaying information I already know. I catch him nodding out of the corner of my eye. He takes two deep breaths.

"We want to meet some place where we'll be alone. Where you'll feel safe, but we can also escape if danger comes our way," He tells me. This kind of puzzles me. What kind of danger could they be in? Do they think I'll bring the police with me? There's this small bluff about a mile down the road from my house. They could easily run off into the woods if they feel threatened and I could just turn the other way and run home. I take a piece of paper from the binder sitting next to me and scribble down an address and how to get to the bluff from there. I scoot it to Felix.

He looks the paper over, trying to figure out if he knows where this place is. He probably does. When you live in a small town you know where almost everywhere is. He clears his throat. "Lewis requests we meet here on this coming Saturday."

The day Connor said he'd be back! I try not let it show on my face. I'd have to wait a little that day before heading there, maybe not even until early evening. If he isn't back by then, I'd go. I'd find out what they are, more about why Connor is with them- every question I had could be answered. "Fine, but I can't meet there until around 6. You tell Lewis that. That is the only time I can come."

"I think he'll understand," Felix says. I finally look at him and can't help but smile a tiny fraction. His brown curly hair is kept hastily, yet adorably under a flat-bill hat. His caramel eyes match his perfect tan and his red lips have curved up into a smile. He's wearing some graphic tee, but I can sort of tell that he's wearing some sort of tight tank top underneath. It's a weird combination, but I don't look to deep into it. Suddenly, he leans to the seat next to him, grabs a something and then sets it on the table. It's a sack lunch.

"What are you doing?" I ask, not quite what sure what to think.

"Oh!" He grins. "I forgot to ask! Priscilla, may I have lunch with you?"

I breath out in a huff. He did save me and he did get Lewis to leave me alone for the time being. Even though I hate to admit it, even to myself in my own thoughts, he was one of the cutest boys I've ever seen.

"You may."

Image


It's Saturday evening. 5:30 to be exact. I rock myself back and forth on my bed gently, a few tears straying from my eyes and then down my cheeks. Connor hasn't come home. My worry for him has reached a point where it just can't be contained. Something needs to be done and me sitting here just crying about it won't help. I could go to the police, but his parents would just tell them that he was at his Aunt's. After all, that's what he told them and that's what I told everyone at school.

My only hope is Lewis. Somehow, even though their non-humanness has plagued me for awhile, my worry for Connor has been more important. Felix didn't come out and admit he isn't human, but he didn't deny it either. They move to fast. Have to much strength. They heal at unnatural rates. If it weren't for the fuck that I always see them in sunlight, I would have thought they were vampires. It doesn't even bother me that they aren't actual humans- I've always been one to believe in the supernatural, but still, it does make me a little queasy when I think about it.

But, they are my only hope for finding Connor. They must have some way of finding the boy I hold so dear to my heart. I'm not sure why I'm so sure they can find my best friend, but I believe it and I refuse to think different. At about quarter till, I pull on my coat, tell my mom that I'm going out, and then exit my home. It's not exactly cold out here in the mid-September air but I like the security of my jacket and the warmth it brings. I slowly climb into my tiny, vomit green car and turn it on. While I give it a minute or two, I fix my make up in the mirror. With newly applied eyeliner and lip gloss, I'm looking pretty decent again and ready to be on my way.

The drive down to the bluff doesn't take but five or six minutes. I park a few hundred yards or so, so I don't seem like I could run at any time, but still close enough that I can make a sprint for it if I need too. The bluff is surrounding in a half circle of trees and the grass comes up to my knees. The bluff extends outward and then ends in a big cliff-drop that has large trees waiting at the bottom. I don't have to wait long before I see shadows moving in and out of the trees and hear the grass moving around. I worry for a quick second that I might be beaten up again, but I swallow my fear.

Sure enough, Lewis and Felix makes their way out of the trees and stop when their at a safe distance from me. Each is shirtless and I can see that though Lewis is much thicker, buffer, and taller, he is pale compared to Felix. Every muscle on both of their bodies -no matter how I feel about either of them- make me ache with desire. I scold myself. I'm here for Connor. I'm here to find him.

"Priscilla," Lewis says calmly, blue eyes flashing. "The time has come for you to tell us what you know."

"Lewis, Lewis, Lewis," I scoff, trying to stay confident. I feel like I could take him on if I have too, though I know it's stupid to think that. Still, I feel pretty superior to him. "First, I think it's time to tell me what you and all of your little friends are."

"That's fair," He said coolly. That was a lot easier than I expected, I think to myself. Suddenly, I can see more shadows moving and in a moments time, a circle of maybe ten to twelve wolves and one fox make their way from the tree and form a ring around me and the two boys. Panic raises inside me, but neither Felix or Lewis seem to be worried. I gulp, hoping that this bluff isn't the place that I die. Or will be eaten. "We're two-natured."

Then, Felix did the most disgusting, grotesque thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not that long.
Sorry for a really late update, guise!
Please comment, show some love!
Trust me, things are about to get intense!