‹ Prequel: Only Exception
Status: 27 of 50

Shattered

1/1

Her

It was just a one night stand, but it was so much more than that. It was one night, one night that ruined everything. Because of that one night I lost all my friends. He, however, got what he wanted back, he got her. He got his precious Amy back, but to get her back he had to ruin a friendship with a best friend. It was his first time. It was my first time. I was in love with him. To him I was just something to use. I always wanted him. He never wanted me. His friends were my friends. My friends were his friends. All until that one night that ruined everything. That one night broke my heart, and killed me inside. That one night has never left my mind. It was a great night, but it wasn’t worth the consequences it cost me. To him it was perfect he came out with everything he wanted. At least someone came out happy. Because I lost my everything.

Him

That necklace. I see it every time I close my eyes. I brought it for her on her twelve birthday, it wasn’t expensive, but it was good quality sting, and a beautiful bead. It was $10. She loved it. She never took it off. She was my best friend. I used her. She was my first. Even then she kept that necklace on, it made me smile. To this day, she was my only. She will be my last. I love her. I made the biggest mistake losing her. I lost my best friend. I lost my love. I even caused my best friends to lose a best friend. I don’t regret doing it. I regret the USING her to get back my girlfriend Amy. Unfortunately it worked, I got Amy back. I regret taking Amy back. I regret losing Milou. Amy cheated on me not too long after. I should have been hurt. I couldn’t have cared less that she cheated. That’s when I knew. I loved her, Milou. Milou was my best friend. She wasn’t when she should have been. After Amy cheated I dumped her. I dumped her, not because she cheated, but because I didn’t care. But none of that matter. All that matters is that I hurt my precious Milou. I hurt my Miffin as I always called her. I hurt myself. I’ll never see that necklace again. I’ll never see her again.

The two were heart broken, but they couldn’t show it. Milou hid behind a mask of smiles. She always did, and when she moved for college she thought it was the last time she would see Zach, and she was wrong.

Zach was making his music. He was writing his songs and playing then live in front of thousands of fans. He was living his dream, he was only missing one thing. Her. She shattered his heart, and he shattered hers.

She was being dragged against her own free will. No she was literally being dragged. Her friends were literally dragging her into the venue ruining her clothes.

“Perfect. Now I need new clothes… I’ll be back…”

“Where are you going?” Her friend Car asked.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be back in a minute.”

“Dragged me to their stupid concert. I didn’t think they would literally drag me, and now my jeans are ruined so now I need to borrow some because they don’t sell bottoms in any form of merch. I am going to kill Car and Yar.

“Hey John. Is my name still on the list?”

“Hey Milou. Yeah it is would you like to come backstage?”

“Yes please. I need new to borrow some bottoms from the guys.”

“Yeah I noticed your pants are more or less falling off. How did that happen?”

“I was literally dragged here.”

“Ha well yeah the boys still kept you on their list.”

“Thanks.”

“Whoa you can’t enter without giving me a hug. I haven’t seen you since senior year!”

“Sorry.” Milou tells him while giving him a bear hug.

“Alright now you may enter.”

“Thanks!”

She kisses his cheek before walking in.

When the guys see her their jaws drop.

“Hello to you too.” She says raising an eyebrow.

“What are you doing here?” Cameron asks her.

“Ah see I literally got dragged her so my jeans are all messed up, and since you don’t sell any merch that would help my problem I was hoping I could borrow some jeans.
“Yeah sure borrow these.” Zach tells her throwing at her her favorite pair of his jeans which
he cut turning them into shorts.

“Um maybe we should lend you a shirt as well…” Michael says looking at her ruined shirt.

“Um yeah please!”

Zach doesn’t say another word but throws her one of his plain white tees.

“Thanks guys!” She says giving all three of them a kiss on the cheek before exiting.

The boys stand their dumbstruck until Michael breaks the ice, “So bro you going to make
amends with her? Become friends again?”

“Best friends maybe?” Cameron adds.

“No. I am going to make her mine, she’s my Miffin, always was.”

What the guys didn’t know was that she hadn’t fully exited yet so she heard it all. She walks back in, sits on Zach’s lap and says, “Plead your case.”