And All the Adventures

And All the Adventures

She is one in seven billions. One single soul. Just a drop in the ocean, a grain of sand in the desert. And now also only one half of a whole. Lost. Alone. Betrayed by life.

Never again will they share a look of love, a heart warming laugh or even the same bed. Never again will they share anything but their memories. Their days together were numbered, they had had known, but that knowledge had not make the pain in her chest any easier. Neither did it wash away the army of tears that is welling up in her eyes. For not to mention the horrible feeling of guilt that never leaves her stomach. She will never forget. She will never let herself forget.

He could have been saved, they could have been together in this very moment if she just had been the right match. If she also could have shared the blood floating through his veins everything would have been all right. If only she could have given him the bone marrow, they could have shared this moment like everything else. Oh, what she would have done for just on more time together with him here, in the very place it all started. How she wishes their last adventure would have ended in this chair, not in a hospital bed far away from everything known and loved. If only she could have given him at least the pleasure of falling asleep one last time here. The more she thinks about it, the bigger the vicious monster inside her grows.​

The breeze carefully caress her bare skin and plays with her hair. She would like to believe it is him, that he wants to tell her that he is all right and that she should stop hurting herself, but she refuses to do so. Why on earth would he come back to her? He wouldn't, not after she let him down, when she failed to save him.

She looks down on her knees; not a single trace of his touch. It has been so long since he placed his hands on her body. The scars on her arms have slowly started to fade. Her skin has been free from bruises since The Day. Finally her family and friend leave her alone. They will never understand how she was better off with the kind of pain that made her feel alive. Finally a tear drop escapes her eye. Now she is just alone. She is as dead as her fiance.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was kinda rushed and is therefore a little raw, but I'm happy with it.