The World Is Closing In

She said you’re going insane

I pulled my car up to the school, sipping hot coffee. I quickly found a spot, pulling in before turning off and locking my car. I grabbed my books out of the trunk, my breath frosting the cold air. I shivered my way onto the campus, desperate for shelter against the already freezing November air. Heat instantly warmed me once I got inside the building.
"Oh sweet heat." I whispered to myself. I put my earbuds in, tuning out the world as I walked to my locker. I quickly looked up as I smelled a familiar cologne. Yup, it was him.
"Hey Brett." I saw him mouth to me.
"Hey." I replied, a small smile on my face. He said something else to me that I couldn't hear. "What?" I asked, taking an earbud out.
"You going to drama tonight?" He asked, smiling.
"Uh-huh. You?" I asked, getting what I needed out of my locker.
"Yup." He nodded.
"Alright, I'll see you there." I smiled, closing my locker.
"And second period." He replied as he walked away, backwards.
"Then too." I smiled.

We said our goodbyes, heading in opposite directions. My smile faded and I tried to ignore the hurt in my chest. I shook it off and walked to where my friends and I hung our before class started. As I neared closer, I could hear (never having put back in the earbud) Sam singing, Stella giggling, Luke tapping on his binder and Marcus talking to Cole.
"Dude, did you see the way that one girl looked at me? I thought I was going to die!" Marcus exclaimed
"She wanted to kill you so bad." Cole replied. I smiled.
"Oh, are you taling about Betha?" I asked as I walked to Marcus' side.
"Yes!" Cole exclaimed as Marcus atacked me in a hug.
"Nice to see you too." I said as Marcus let me go. I went through the group and gave everyone hugs.
"What were you singing?" I asked Sam. "Was that All Time Low?"
"Of course!" Sam smiled proudly.
"Thought so." I smiled. I stood against the wall beside Mercus as I clung to my coffee, still not fully warm.

"Stella, you going to drama today?" I asked her.
"No, not today. I have a doctor's appointment." She pouted, tugging at her sleeves.
"Really?" I pouted. She nodded sadly. "Fuuuuuuuuck!" I exclaimed, banging my head against the wall.
"What's wrong?" Marcus asked, concern in his eyes.
"I have to go to drama alone and Chase is gonna be there." I looked at Marcus, a look of knowing in his eyes.
"Oh, I see." He nodded. I nodded, sighing.
"Yeah, it sucks." I sighed again.
"What's wrong with Chase?" Stella asked. Marcus and I looked over at her.
"Nothing, things are just still awkward between us." I replied, shrugging and taking a drink from my coffee. "Oh. Makes sense." Stella tugged at her sleeves again.

"Why do you keep doing that?" Sam asked her.
"What? Pull my sleeves?" Sam nodded. "My hands are cold." Stella giggled.
"Oh." Sam nodded again. I looked back at Marcus.
"Kill me now?" I asked. Chase is my ex-boyfriend. He's very much over me and I'm very much still in love with him. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget him. Marcus is in the same situation as I am with him and his ex girlfriend.
"I'm sorry." Marcus gave me sympathetic eyes. The bell rang, and everyone said their goodbyes. Stella, Sam, Marcus and I all walked to first period as everyone else went in seperate directions.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter :) And just to clear anything up, Breatt IS a girl. I hope you all like it <3 comment, rate, subscribe.