Status: Active:-D Comments= faster updates!!

Unexpected Turns

Inturrupted

The wait in the parking lot was excruciating. I sat in his rarely used Mercedes and drummed my fingers on the steering wheel. His plane landed five minutes ago, but the guys had yet to walk down the steps. A few of the other wives and girlfriends that managed to pull themselves out of bed at 4 in the morning were a hundred feet away. Kara Callahan noticed me as soon as I pulled up and waved lightly.

I refused to get out of my car and confront these women. For all I knew they could have been friends with Lindsey or would bring up Natalie. After almost a little of a month of moping and sitting in my apartment, Linda convinced me to go to New York and try to start fresh. Jordan agreed with her and walked with me to Dan’s office to turn in my resignation letter.

I said goodbye to all of the guys at once and promised to hang out with them when they came to New York in a few weeks. Dan let me go with a tight hug and Jordan made sure I left when he was on a road trip. He said watching me leave him was the hardest thing, but he was happy to have his bachelor pad back.

Starting fresh was harder than it sounded. I almost started to cry when the plane took off and the man next to me seemed genuinely concerned. I landed at four in the afternoon and picked Nico up from Kara’s apartment. She was surprised when I knocked on the door, but didn’t ask questions. She packed his stuff and gave me a tight hug before I left.

Nico was sound asleep in the back seat and didn’t look like he would be waking up anytime soon. Finally I stopped zoning out and looked up at the plane. Guys were filtering out, but I couldn’t spot Marc. After a few minutes of searching, I looked over at Kara and saw him standing next to Ryan.

She pointed to my car and Marc looked straight at me. His face broke into a grin as he said a quick good-bye and briskly walked to the car. He reached me quickly and threw his bag in the back seat, looked at Nico, then slipped in the passenger side.

“I got the keys from your house and your address from Kara.” I said lightly before he could greet me. Marc just nodded and let me drive out of the parking lot. Nico never tossed or turned in his car seat and stayed in a deep sleep.

“Are you here for good?” Marc whispered and looked at me. His green eyes seemed to stare right through my soul as I nodded. That was all it took for him as he nodded and grabbed my hand. With our fingers interlaced, I drove home in silence.

His apartment in Soho was amazing. I was newly remodeled and almost too clean. Nico’s room was across from his and spaceship themed. He fell right asleep when I laid him in his bed and said good night properly for the first time since Christmas. Marc stood at the door and watched me carefully. Even though it was four thirty in the morning, neither of us were tired.

I followed him into the kitchen and stayed silent as he poured us glasses of chocolate milk.

“I would give you something else, but that’s all I have.” He said, a light blush rising to his cheeks. I smiled softly and shrugged. Chocolate milk seemed fitting and it seemed like years since I drank anything other than whisky or water. We sat in silence, just staring at each other for what seemed like hours.

“It’s been hard.” I whispered. Marc stared blankly.

“It’s been hard for everyone.” He replied. Before I could say anything else, he made his way around the kitchen and stood behind me. I slowly turned around and saw his eyes almost tear up.

“Don’t cry.” I said and bit my lip, but it was no use. One eye let a lone tear fall. “Please don’t cry.” I said again and blinked back my own tears. One tear was all that fell for him. I wiped it away carefully and put my head on his chest. I let tears fall silently, having lost the effect of full body crying weeks ago. Tears were a reflex when Natalie was brought up, but sobs and crying were something I got over quickly.

“We are going to make it through.” He said, trying to sound confident.

“I’m here for good.” I said in a scratchy voice. That was all it took for him to understand. I wasn’t leaving again. I was going to be part of his life whether he like it or not. Marc understood every meaning of those four words. In less than a second, his mouth was on mine and my hands clutched the untucked, white dress shirt he had on. His hands moved from my shoulders to my waist and he closed the gap between our bodies with only half a step.

Our lips battled for dominance as my hands roamed up his chest and around his neck. Even though he lived with me and Jordan in Pittsburgh, the only physical contact we had was when he kissed me after Natalie died.

Soon, one of his hands cheated up my t-shirt and his leg was planted in between mine. Our tongues moved in rhythm and the urge to go farther was slowly taking over my body. I told myself I would never go back to Marc, but all of those decisions washed away the moment his lips met mine.

“Are you sure?” He asked in a husky voice and all I could do was nod. With that he pushed me up and onto the counter top. I slowly undid the buttons on his shirt, revealing his tight stomach. Marc quickly got rid of my shirt and moved his mouth down my neck.

“Mommy? Daddy? What are you doing?” A voice said from across the open room. Marc instantly froze and looked over my shoulder. Nico was standing behind the wall and all we could see was his head. He was holding a blanket and looked half asleep.

“Why aren’t you sleeping bud?” Marc said, acting calm.

“I was thirsty.” He replied. Marc smirked at me before walking over to Nico and handing him my half full glass of chocolate milk. He was acting like Nico didn’t just walk into something he should never see and led him back to his room. I shook my head as soon as they were out of sight and slid Marc’s shirt on to my arms.

Less than five minutes alter, Marc came strolling into the kitchen, still smirking. HE walked up behind me and pushed us both against the counter, his arms wrapping around my from behind and flattening on my stomach. HE set his head in my neck and I started laughing.

“That was worse than your mom catching us.” I said and he soon joined into my random laughter.

“Well, then shouldn’t we finish what we started.” He whispered in my ear as I felt his hand slowly move lower.
♠ ♠ ♠
a quick update!! this story is going to be wrapping up in the next few chapters. Im debating a sequel or starting a new story. i have an idea for a new story, just not a player. sooo if you have any sugestions for a player or want a sequel please comment or message me :D