Status: Active:-D Comments= faster updates!!

Unexpected Turns

I've always loved you

Game 7 of the Conference finals in the Stanley Cup playoffs was always a hard fought game. For the first time a series was Staal vs. Staal. Both Jordan and Marc played there hardest the entire series, and it all came down to one game. The Pens took an early lead, winning the series 3-1 in the first four games. But they got sloppy and the Rangers won two quick games and took them to game 7.

The final game of the series was in New York. Madison Square Garden was the loudest I had ever heard it, and Nico had to wear ear plugs. He was sitting with the Pens friends and family. As soon as he saw Vero, he took off only to call me ten minutes later and explain he wasn’t going to watch the game with me.

After talking to Vero, I took off for the Ranger’s box. I took a seat next to Kara and Sarah, Brandon Prust’s girlfriend sat next to me. From the moment I went to my first game, they were the most inviting. The other wives weren’t cold, but they were apprehensive around me. I guess having worked and lived with other players in the league was something they frowned upon.

“I can’t believe you never tapped Letang.” Kara said blatantly. Sarah and I burst into laughter, causing to catch the attention of the women around us.

“Kris and I aren’t like that. Besides Nico looks at him like an uncle and that would be weird.” I replied.

“So you haven’t done anything with any of Marc’s brothers?” Sarah said with a giggle. She may have been 4 years older than me, but her maturity was at a minimum. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“I started dating Marc when we were 14. Eric had a girlfriend and Jordan was 12. There was no way I could.” I said, defending myself. Everyone started throwing questions at me about the Staal’s left and right and it took a while to answer all of them.

“What is up with you and Marc?” Taylor, Derek Stepan’s girlfriend asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. He has been acting weird, but that’s because of the playoffs.” I said, not going into detail about it. The truth was that Marc had been acting weird. He was normal around Nico, but when we were alone he shut off. It wasn’t worrying me because of the pressure of hockey, but I can’t lie and say it didn’t worry me a little. We had no fights since I came to New York and everything was perfect.

“Well, I’m sure everything is fine.” Sarah said and patted my knee. After that everyone settled in to watch the game. It was hard and both teams fought until the end. When the clock ticked down to the 00:00 minute mark in the third period, the score was 1-0, Pittsburgh. Everyone was silent as we filed out of the large room and I said good bye to everyone before heading in the opposite direction. Within minutes I was at the Penguin box and looking for Nico.

“Macy! Over here.” Vero called. Everyone was smiling and full of energy. Nico was playing with the other kids, a smile on his little face.

“Congrats!” I said and gave everyone hugs. They all said sorry about Marc before launching into who they thought they would be facing in the finals. After a few minutes of conversation, we headed down to the locker room. I bypassed the Ranger’s room, knowing Marc would text me when he was ready. Jordan came out of no where and wrapped his arms around me.

“We’re going to the finals!” He yelled and spun me around before handing me off to Kris. He said something of the same, only this time it was in French. Everyone ignored us and the locker room was all high spirits.

“Great job.” I said and gave Jordan another hug and I made my rounds. He just grinned and nodded. Nico was sitting next to him in his locker with Jordan’s ball cap on his little head.

“My mom said she would watch him tonight. I’ll bring him to their room since were all in the same hotel.” He said with a smirk.

“Are you sure? Maybe Marc will want to see him.” I said and became confused. Why would he offer to take him when he wanted to celebrate?

“Just go see Marc right now.” He said and all but pushed me out of the room. Before I could yell a last congratulation, I was in the hallway and alone. Their music and partying could be heard from 100 feet away and by the time I got to the Ranger’s room, it was dead silent. Wives gave me tight smiles as they passed me, walking two steps behind their husbands. Some of the younger girlfriends were still outside waiting.

“Where’s Nee?” Kara asked, using the teams nick name for my son. I explained that he would be spending the night with his grandparents and before she could reply, the rest of the team shuffled out of the room in silence. Kara said a quick goodbye and ran to catch up to her husband. Marc linked his fingers with mine before we took off towards the parking lot. HE was silent and I could feel that he was tense even though only my hand was touching him. As soon as we got to the car, he let go of my hand and jumped into the driver’s seat. His body posture was almost nervous, but mad or angry that he just lost.

“Where are we going?” I asked after I noticed we were driving out of the city. Marc ignored me, but moved his hand across the consol to grab my hand. The farther we got out, the more nervous and anxious I was getting. Marc seemed to sense my change in mood and let a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

“Stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine.” He whispered into the dark silence. It was late, 11:45 to be exact and the only lights were from the street and the front of our car. Very few cars were on the highway and once we were driving for at least an hour, I noticed the road we were on.

Highway 18 was imprinted into my head. It was the first place Marc and I drove when he got his license. His parents flipped, but after the month of grounding was over it was the first place we drove again. All of the memories of what was at the end of this road hit me all at once. This was the place Marc first told me he loved me. The place where he told me about his fears of getting picked last at the draft. The place were I told him I wasn’t following him to New York, instead I was going to college.

“Do you remember the last time we were here?” Marc asked as he pulled off of exit 28.

“I told you I was moving to Vancouver.” I replied and pulled my feet to my chest. My jeggings stretched at the sudden movement and I was warm in his jersey. Marc nodded at my response before letting go of my hand to pull into the parking lot. He stepped out of the car and jogged over to my side to let me out. As soon as my head peeked out of the car I heard it. The waves crashing against the shore in a loud huff and the smell of the salt water was intoxicating.

Marc laced his fingers with mine once again and we walked towards the sand slowly. HE slipped off his shoes just before we reached it and I did the same. The sand was cool from the lack of sun and the only way I could see Marc’s face was from the light of the moon. We walked across the sand in silence and stopped only a mere few feet from the crashing waves.
He turned and looked at me with a serious face. By the way we were standing I could only see the left side of his face. His other hand laced with mine and I took a step forward. After a deep breathe I could see a change in his eyes. His usually blue green eyes turned darker and I could tell he was getting nervous.

“I’ve known you my entire life and from the time I was seven I knew I loved you. When I finally got the courage to ask you out at that bonfire, I was so nervous I kissed you instead of asking first. From then on I did everything backwards. We did everything backwards. We never talked about you following me and hockey until after the draft and by then it was too late. I forgot to ask you to prom and showed up the night of it and you didn’t even have a dress. You got pregnant when we weren’t even engaged or married.

I do things backward and you just roll with it and that is what I love about you. When I walked into Jordan’s apartment at the beginning of the season and saw you my heart stopped. I thought you were with Jordan. You had one of his shirts on and was leaning into his chest. At that moment, I realized I still loved you. I tried for so long to hate you. I never even got a proper goodbye. All of my calls were ignored and you dropped off the face of the earth. I realized Lindsey was just filling the hole you left when you walked out. At that moment, I told my self I would do what ever was needed to get you back.

Then I saw the sippy cup and then the twins. My plans changed from putting you first to my kid’s first. I wanted to be a great dad and I’m sorry to say you were at the back of my mind. But then I saw you lying with Natalie at the hospital and I remembered everything I wanted to do. At that moment I told myself I was going to win you over again. I told myself you would never have the chance to disappear.” He said to me. Everything was sinking in and I didn’t even realize that he had leaned down to one knee and dropped my hands. Without any time to react, he reached into his pocket and held a blue velvet box in his hand.

“I’ve done everything I can. I love you Macy. Me, you, and Nico are a family and I want to make it official. From the time I was seven until now, I knew I was going to marry you. Now I just hope you feel the same way.” He finished as he slowly opened the box. Marc looked up at me and I tried to keep the tears from falling. “Macy Lee Adams will you marry me?” My hand covered my mouth and I slowly nodded. He must not have seen because he dropped his head and took a deep breathe.

“Yes.” I whispered and put my hand on his shoulder. Marc’s head shut up so fast he could have gotten whip lash and I smiled. “Yes.” I said a little louder and let the tears fall freely as he slid the shiny ring onto my finger.
We had been officially dating for only 4 months, but our relationship was so much longer. We had kids together and been through more than most 80 year old couples. I loved him with all my heart and nothing could ever change that. When the finger was all the way on my finger, I finally knew. I knew we were in this together and he was my forever and always.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! i couldn't do any more chapters for this stiry. Lets just say i couldn't think of any more ideas, this story has just burnt out in my mind. With that said, there will be no sequel, but I do have an idea for a new story. I have the story, just not hte player. So if you have a player or want a story to be written about a certain person, comment or message please! I want to post the first chapter in like two weeks.

Thank you all soo much for the support on this story!! 62 subscribers is way more than i imagined when I started posting it. I hope you all enjoyed my story and thank you for everyone that commented. It means so much to me.

xoxo- Julie