Status: COMPLETED!

I'd End My Days With You In A Hail Of Bullets...

Population Us.. and zombies..

October 2, 2014
“Gerard! We have to get out of here!” I yelled, Frank pulling me close behind him. Ray and Mikey were ahead of us, leading the way out of the crowd that now surrounded us. Shots kept being fired and my ears were ringing from my heart pounding and the gun shots.
“Frank get her the fuck out of here! I’m right behind you!” Frank tightened his grip on my wrist and pulled me harder towards Ray and Mikey. It all seemed like a bad dream and it happened so quickly.
The engine roared as Ray sat in the driver’s seat of the military issue hum-V. I was pushed into the back seat; I saw a rifle and poked my head out of the latch on the top of the hum-V. Ray charged the vehicle in the direction Gerard was, he was fighting off as many of those monsters as he could and I could see that he was growing weary. I shot at the monsters next to him, making sure that none of them had the opportunity to bite him; if he got bit it would all be over…
Frank opened the door of the back seat and held out his hand as we charged closer to Gerard, Gee took Franks hand and he was whisked safely away from the gnashing and deadly mouths of the diseased monsters. Gerard was safe, we were all safe,…for now.
We continued on aimlessly, running…running from the disease, from the monsters, trying so hard to be human and semi-civilized as we can around such a horrible infestation. Our world has gone to hell and it all happened so fast.
I stepped down from the latch and closed it, sitting in between Frank and Gerard.
“We should find a safe place to rest for the night.” Gerard spoke up for the first time since our little encounter earlier. Everyone simply nodded
“Um…we can check my place, no one is home … my mom and dad went away before….all this.”
We live in New Jersey, population us and then zombies.
I was leaning on Frank’s shoulder as our once normal city passed by the bulletproof windows of the Hum-V. Gerard was once again in deep thought and no one wanted to bother him when he got that face, a mixture of hard concentration and sorrow.
“Is this it?” Ray asked, breaking all of us from our thoughts. We had arrived to a gated and gray two story building.
“Yeah… home sweet home.” Frank and I quickly jumped out the vehicle and ran to the gates to open them, only I knew the code to open them. The lock unlatched and Frank helped me open and close the gates to let them in and nothing else. Once safely inside and the gates electronically locked; a sigh of relief swept over all of us. As I had expected the house was completely empty and to our luck electricity still worked (obviously) and water still ran.
“Nice house you got here Kira.” Frank commented as he let himself drop onto the couch and kicked up his feet onto the coffee table, I didn’t mind, the world was going to hell and guest manners just didn’t matter anymore.
“Thanks Frankie, that means a lot right now.” I commented sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I walked upstairs to my room and picked out some clothes to take with me, my journal, any lighters/pocketknives I could find and put them all in a bag to take with me I then went downstairs to my dad’s office where he kept a huge safe; the safe contained weapons and ammo. My mom and dad were both in the military and they had gotten called away before all this chaos started happening. Frank and Gerard followed me and watched as I put in the code to unlock the safe and their eyes grew wide at the sight of the amount of weapons and ammunition stored away.
“A bugs going to get in your mouths if you keep it open like that.” I chuckled as I grabbed the closest rifle to examine and load with ammo.
“Do you know how to handle those?”
“I handled one earlier didn’t I? I think I did pretty good, I mean I was aiming for the zombies and killed them pretty efficiently before they bit your face off didn’t I?”
“Okay, okay. Jeez, it was only a question.” Gerard backed off at my defensiveness.
“No, I’m sorry. I’m just worried about my parents and all, I’m sorry for lashing out.”
“Its okay, were all worried about our families.” Gerard pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead to comfort me, as tears threatened to fall.
Everything was so normal just a day ago…
♠ ♠ ♠
so i realize that there i am also posting another story on here but i'm was so inspired to write this zombie fan fiction, i love zombie stories and i hope you enjoy what ya'll read, thanks so much. message, comment, subscribe and stay alive :) -Disaster Darling :X