Status: COMPLETED!

I'd End My Days With You In A Hail Of Bullets...

Hope Is Slipping Away..

Image
*in the living room H.Q. (Kira’s house)*
“Wow you guys fought hard to get out of there and you guys came here after escaping from the school from hell?” The teenage brunette spoke up again.
“Yeah we did, I knew this place we going to be empty, my parents are in the military…” I didn’t want to talk about them much. She only nodded knowingly; I wonder what this girl’s name is?
“So how did you guys come to find each other? Trent looked over to his little girl who was preoccupied with a small multicolored ball she found.
“We found Ashley (he motioned to the teenage brunette) and Lucy (he motioned to the little girl) at the store. They were shopping with their families that day; I was working across the street at the U.S. military recruitment center.”
“You’re in the army?” Mikey interrupted.
“Was… David was working in a building nearby; in an animation studio. We’ve known each other since high school.” Trent explained.
“So you aren’t Lucy’s father?” I asked Trent
“No, she calls me that because I saved her from her real father that had been infected and I told her that we would protect her no matter what from now on. She identified me as her dad and David as her uncle from then. Trent explained.
“What about Jessica?” Gerard was leaning against the doorway that leads to the upper level with his arms crossed and staring at Trent, only glancing over at me when he felt me glaring at me.
“She said she ran from the school and tried to find her mom that worked in that store.” David explained, “She was fighting for her life when we found her, she was surrounded by zombies.”
“But we got to her before she could get bit.” Trent added.
“How did she get hurt then?” Gerard was asking more annoyed now. I frowned at his behavior and Trent seemed taken aback from Gerard’s apparent aggression towards the subject of Jessica.
“Hey, they didn’t hurt Jessica. She was pushed by people that were running and she hit her head and fell and hit her head again on the concrete.” Ashley defended her protectors.
“Mikey, please talk to Gerard, tell him to calm the hell down.” I whispered to Mikey who was sitting next to me.
“Sure, like he’ll listen to me.” He quickly whispered back but nonetheless got up to escort Gerard back upstairs.
“I’m sorry about him… he just really cares about Jessica…” I tried to apologize
“He loves her.” Frank added for me, knowing that I couldn’t say it. I looked away annoyed.
“Excuse me, I’ll be on the roof if you guys need me.” I quickly walked upstairs, passing by the guestroom in which Jessica, Gerard, and Mikey were in. I saw Gerard glance at me before I moved along to the roof.
He obviously doesn’t care about you Kira. You may as well drop the hope… I thought as I looked out at the cloudy sky, in the distance I can see burning buildings and smoke filled my lungs. I felt something wet run down my cheek, it was a tear. I started sobbing, about all the events that happened, about all my classmates and teachers dying, friends … possibly my parents… it all came down and hit me hard. All the sorrow I had been holding inside finally was let go. I cried from my heartache as well. I felt like a complete idiot for crying about him as well but my heart couldn’t help it.
“There’s no point in living anymore…” I whispered into the wind
♠ ♠ ♠
well darlings, let’s see what is going on in Kira’s mind in the next chapter then. ;D I hope you guys are enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying writing and developing it! Lemme hear some feedback pretty please? Thanks so much to sandys241 for never failing on messaging me her love for the story! (on quizilla)Thank you dear! -stay beautiful and keep it ugly ;) -Disaster Darling :X (chembaby)