Everything We Had

Sparkly diamond

I looked straight at him, trying to make something out of what he just said. I know for a fact that confusion had to be written all over my face.
“Will you please say something; your silence is killing me”
“Is this some kind of sick joke about what I said at Emily’s party, because its not fu-“
Gabriel cut me off, “Billie I’m not joking.”
“Than why are you saying this bullshit?”
“It’s the truth. OK?” he said and raised my chin.
“Look I know that this is a lot to take in, but I’m telling the truth.” The look in his eyes made me believe him for the first time.
“Ok, then can you give me a few minutes to digest this information.”
“Yeah, sure.”

He’s a vampire! A VAMPIRE! A blood drinking, fang baring, sun burning, coffin sleeping, supper strong, youthful for ever VAMPIRE! I think I’m going to pass out! Who would have thought that good old Gabriel would be a vampire? How come he has not eaten me? How come there haven’t been all that many deaths around here? Douse that mean that he goes to other places to feed? Is that why he was mission the other day? God this is so confusing!

“Gabriel, I need you to tell me everything about you now!” he gave a small chuckle at this.
“Anxious much? What do you want to know?”
“I don’t know, everything”
“Like?” He said.
“Um, like….since when are you a vampire? I’m not sure, just everything about you that I don’t know about.”
“Yeah, I can do that. I was turned in 1952 when I was 17. I was living in New Jersey at that time, visiting a few relatives; I’m originally from California. Her name was Carine, the one that turned me; she dyed I few years ago by some mutt.” I must have looked confused.
“Don’t worry ill tell you about that later. Ok, so ever since then I have been around the world just trying to be normal, sometimes I joined a coven; but its really hard since there aren’t many vegetarian vampires, when I say that I mean that I drink from animals not humans.”
“I was wondering about that.” He slightly smiled at that.
“What did you think I would go around eating people? Do you really think so little of me?”
Now I felt bad. “No it’s not that, I….. I just dint know” I might have turned a few shades of red right there.
“It’s ok. So that’s about it, my life has been long but that’s about it. Any questions?” he said
“Loads! So, how come you live in such a sunny place, don’t you like burn up or explode?”
At that he started laughing. “No that’s just a Hollywood version. Actually most of the stuff in movies and books are made up. Like, we don’t sleep in coffins, even if we wanted to we wouldn’t be able to because we can’t sleep.”
“What? You can’t sleep? Not at all?” Damn that must suck big time.
“Nope! That’s one of the things I hate about what I am. Another thing is that we are not allergic to garlic; it’s just that we have a very good sense of smell and it smells horrible. It’s also really hard to kill a vampire, because we are practically made out of rock or something. If you haven’t noticed we’re really cold, our skin.”
”No kidding, I was begging to think you had a decease or something.” Again he chuckled at what I would think is my stupidity.
“Yeah, I guess most would think that. Oh, we’re also incredibly fast; its one of my favorite parts. All of us are beautiful, not to sound conceded or anything.” So that’s why he is the most beautiful thing I have ever set my eyes upon.

We staid quiet for a while. Out of nowhere he jumps up, bringing me up with him.
“What the hell are you doing.” I exclaimed.
“Remember when I said that the sun doesn’t harm us? Well we still try are best to stay away from it.” He said while leading me to this deck in the side of the lake, where the sun was shining.
“Why?”
“Because, it somehow makes us glitter like a diamond; its really strange and would attract too much attention to the humans.” He got to the edge just a few inches from the sun.
“Do you want me to show it?” he asked.
“Yes.”
He let go of my hand, looked at me in the eyes while stepping into the light.

It was so beautiful. He was so beautiful. He took my breath away. He was shining everywhere; just like he said he was a diamond, a star. I reached my hand to his chest wanting to proof that it was real, that he was real. He took me in his arms and whispered into my ear.
“You have no idea how good it feels for you to know who I am, what I am. It feels even better to know that you are still with me.”
“Gabriel, I will always be with you, never will I think about leaving you.”
I have no idea what came over me next but the words that left my mouth I would have never expected.

“I love you.”