Everything We Had

I Will Be The Death Of Him

The silence that came after I said those words was unbearable. I pulled away after a few minutes of that much hated silence.
“I’m sorry that was totally uncalled for, and don’t even worry about answering it’s not like I expected one. So lets both just forget that I ever said anything, ok? I just got hugged by you and pulled away for the reason that I could not breathe because of your death grip. Again you don’t ha-“
Although it was hardly audible I heard it. “I love you too, Billie.”

Its incredible how those words could flip my world upside down and feel things I have never in my life even imagined.
“I really should not have these feelings for you. I don’t even know if it’s legal, or something.” He was looking down at the lake.
“What do you mean ‘if it’s legal’?” I asked quoting his words.
“Well you see us; the vampires, have these rules that are set by this coven of vampires that are like vampire royalty. The thing is that humans are not allowed to know that we exist, so if they were to find out who knows what they might do to me or ….you.” He was scared, this much I could tell.
“You know what I think it would be best for me to go, get out of your life so that no harm will come.” Gabriel made a turn to leave but before he could leave I grabbed at his shirt.
“Please don’t go. Don’t leave me alone, I love you.” I couldn’t look into his eyes that would make the salty traders that I was trying so hard to hold back spill out.
“If I don’t you might get hurt.”
“If you do I will get hurt.” I said pleading.

It was quiet again. I was still not looking up, and he was still turned around.
“Just don’t go, ok? Stay and we will work it out somehow, just please stay!” That must have sounded so pathetic; I have never felt more pathetic and weak before.
“You will be the death of me.” He turned around and whisked me into a bone crushing hug, as if he never wanted to let go. I know that letting go was something I would never be willing to do.

I know I will never forget those words.