Everything We Had

Italy's Only A Lifetime Away

“Oh come on, its not that long of a time.”
“I know that, I just don’t understand why you have to go in the first place.”
Gabriel was going away to Italy for a few days after some weird phone call he got just a few hours ago. Right now he was going crazy packing his bags and trying to not forget anything.
“I really have to go.”
“Yes, I got that the first 20 times you said it. Now what you haven’t answered is why is it such a rush?” He stopped and turned around to look at me.
“You remember that time when I told you of what I am?”
“How could I forget.” I smiled at him and he gave a small one in return.
“Remember what I told you about this kind of vampire royalty?”
“Yes. Are they the ones that called.” He gave me a short nod and went back to the packing.
“Yes.”
“Well why do you have to go now? Is there something wrong? Something that I should know about?”
He turned around again and slowly made his way towards me.
“Nothing you should worry about.” He kissed my hand.
“ Well I do worry, if you’re in trouble then I think I should have the right to know.”
Gabriel gave a big sigh and looked at me in that way that makes you feel like they are looking through you.
“Its just some vampire stuff. They see me as a threat, they don’t like me very much. That’s all they just want to talk about pointless stuff that will get them no where.”
“Why don’t they like you?”
“Because; I’m an old, powerful, and way too good looking guy.”
“Whoa! Way to be conceited.” He tilted his head up and laughed.
“You know I’m kidding, although its all true anyways.” he winked and went on “they don’t like vampires who have those qualities not being in their little group. So i just have to go there, pretend like I like them and then leave them to their pathetic attempts at trying to control everyone.”
Even though everything Gabriel said kind of made since in a way I still had this nagging feeling that he wasn’t telling me the hole truth.
“ok.”