Everything We Had

What I want to BE!

Through out most of the party we were up in the tree house just talking about random stuff.
"so what are you planning to do during the break" Gabriel asked me about winter break that started yesterday.
"I’m not sure I guess ill just be staying here doing stuff. what about you, going anywhere?"
"no I’m just staying here" he responded with a grin on his face and I was for some odd reason really happy about that.

We kept talking after that about really pointless stuff about each other that we hadn’t covered yet.
After a while he asked me
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
It took me a while to answer, it wasn’t a hard question or anything I just dint want him to start laughing at me
"What, cat got your tongue, or is it something like stripping??" he asked me in a sarcastic voice while cracking up

I was really nervous about telling him the truth, he was going to think that I was some type of lunatic and never talk to me again.
"oh my god you have got to be kidding me! You really want to be a stripper don’t you?" he asked me wide eyed
"What’s wrong with you?" I rolled my eyes and punched him on the shoulder really light because from past experiences it would hurt me a hell lot more than him.
"oh come on just tell me already!"
"ok ok, just promise me you wont laugh."
he looked at me with the strangest expression and then put up his right hand
"I promise" he smiled.
I breathed in.
"when I grow up, wait scratch that what I want to be even right now is..................a..............vampire" I said this with my eyes squeezed shut tightly waiting for a huge laugh and humiliation.....................................
but there was nothing.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was looking down at me and he had the weirdest look in his eyes.
"Is that really what you want to be?" he asked and I was surprised of how seriously he was taking this.
"yes"
"you have no idea what you are asking for"
"what?!"
With that he stood up and left.
Not even looking back ones.